Gensokyo
Please login or register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gensokyo
Please login or register!
Gensokyo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign

+2
kst933
Artyom
6 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign - Page 4 Empty Re: DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign

Post by Artyom Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:47 pm

I got up from my stool and stretched after sitting for so long, I turned to the Halfling,"I thought you had something planned along those lines when you were giving her all those drinks, I didn't think it would have been right to interfere." I laughed slightly before continueing, "Anyway, that sounds like a good plan. It's a bit stuffy in here anyway, so why don't we pay for our food and drink and go next door?"

The Bartender coming back out from the backroom, now considerably more relaxed could see that the group of travelers were on their way out. "Ah, ready to go then? Alright then, it'll be 45 gold for the halfling, 25 for knife ears, 25 for the girl, 8 for the masked one, and 20 pieces of gold for my helper here, no charge for the food." The bartender placed a small pouch full of gold pieces in front of Tuyen. The bag wasn't of high quality, but when opened the shine of the gold located inside was wondrous to those unaccustomed to coins of such value.

*Tuyen gained 20GP and small poor quality leather pouch*

Alice looked inside her bag and scrounged for her gold pouch, "A-ah... give me one minute I will find it in here..." she said dishearteningly, as she realized how low on currency she was currently running on.

I held up a hand to Alice and took out the appropriate gold pieces out of my belt pouch, "No it's okay I'll pay for us two, just save what you have for now." I handed the bartender the money without thinking about it twice, although paying in heavy coins was different than paying with paper bills, you become a lot more aware of how much you spend.

*Anthony lost 33 GP*
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign - Page 4 Empty Re: DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign

Post by Plagerist Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:10 pm

"Ah barkeep, I don't have everything on me right now, but I'll pay up with what I got." Lem sets down 25 gold pieces. "You know I'm good for it right? I'll pay you back later."

Spoiler:

Plagerist
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:16 pm

The barkeep took a handful of gold peices in hand and held them up to the candle light, observing them closely. He coughed slightly before pocketing them, "Alright I suppose since you gave me a decent amount lad, but that's only for you, knife ears here has to pay as well. You best pay me back though boy-o, ya understand?" The barkeep ran his finger through his moustache and crossed his burly arms to get his point across.

*Lem passed bluff check, buying him 5 days to pay back his debt. Lem earned 15 XP and lose 25 GP*
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by kst933 Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:24 pm

"Gold is gold."

The elf gave up 25 GP to the barkeep. She gave a passing scowl to the halfling.
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:49 pm

I take the bag and look at the coins. I... Just can't stop looking. They're so shiny....... ;_;

I quickly snap out of my daze of looking at the gold and thank the barkeep.

"Thank you sir for the meal and gold."

I look towards the others.

"So, the inn is next doors you say?"
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

https://gensokyo.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:57 pm

*Alassea loses 25 GP*

Pocketing the money and giving the group a nod, the bartender let the group walk free. The group of travelers stepped out from the stuffy, loud tevern and out into the cold, drizzling cobbled streets. The street lamps were put out from the thunderstorm, leaving little visible light on the streets. A light hazy mist grew from the ground, a product of the cold rain impacting the formerly warm cobble stones. The group walked towards the Inn next door; Lem the cunning halfling leading the group, Tuyen the Viet Cong and Alassea the elf behind him conversing on the subject of this world, and finally Anthony the mercenary and Alice the witch taking in the state of the settlement.

Despite being livily with activity before, the village seemed to be dead despite the night still being young. From the ramshackle huts and houses, no light could be seen except for flickers of candle light from behind the shutters of the Mayor's home and the Inn. Reaching the entrance of the Inn, the group could see the town guard regiment slosh through the front gate of Donnal with their torches. The regiment swiftly closed the town gate and spoke in hushed voices as our group of travelers entered the Inn. Strangely, not even crickets or animals cold be heard, only silence was present.

Once inside, the group was greeted by nothing more than an old man behind an ancient counter top. The small candlewick cast shadows across his face as he spoke, "Ah... welcome young travelers! Coming to seek refuge from the cold night, yes? What a good thing as well, the town guard has come back from their patrol I see, nothing to fear now that the front gate has been closed hehe. Ah, but listen to me babble, what will it be for you folks then, hmmm?"

(Feel free to refer to the former image of the inn)
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:02 pm

I walk up to the table top.

"Good evening sir. We would like to rent out a rooms. How much is it for a room?"
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by kst933 Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:25 pm

Alassea patted away at her robes, wishing that they would dry faster. The inn offered a comfortable warmth in contrast to the dreary weather that pervaded them outside. She studied the ledger and glanced at her coinpurse with a frown. It was true that she had not carried as much gold as she would have preferred, but living without many luxuries was simply a part of life.

"It seems I am unable to afford anything but the basest of beds," she said with a heavy sigh. "Unless we plan to combine our coin for the payment?"
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagerist Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:45 pm

Before entering the inn, Lem stops Alice and hands her a page from the Renin Conspiracy, & the Holy Word of Daiki. "Look, I have to get more supplies for tomorrow, you might want to share the information on these pages with the the rest of the group. It'll help to be informed about what we are heading into. Oh, and inspect this as well." Lem hands her the stone key. "I know my way around locks, but the symbols on this key are beyond my comprehension. Might want to get the elf on this as well, she knows her way with magic. Expect me in the morning."

Lem abruptly turns around and heads off exploring the town. He notices most of the houses are quite run down. "Nothing of interest in this dump." Eventually he finds the town hall. Not bothering with the guard, he jumps over the fence and starts to peak through the windows, carefully as to not get spotted by anyone in the inside.

Plagerist
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:44 pm

Alice took the items thrust upon her and looked at them only for a short while before placing them inside her bag. "I see... I will be sure to look these items over and tell you if I find out anything when you get back. I will not ask where you got these items, but thank you nonetheless." Alice turned briskly on her heels towards the inn before stopping once more, "And be careful Lem, understand?" Alice walked inside of the Inn with the others, now feeling the slight warmeth of the door before closing the door behind the others. Taking a look at the ledger, it appeared that it would be best to rent a standard room for 80 Gold and share the cost.

I shook my head slightly to throw off any loose droplets of water as I stepped up to the desk next to Tuyen. I looked down to see Alice already considering the prices of rooms, as well as Alassea to my side with a worried look on her face. I pointed to a place on the ledger and spoke to Alice, "Normal room seems to be the best choice, right? Also, where's the halfing?"

Alice looked up at Anthony then back to his hand, "Yes. However I will be paying my share this time, the first time was charitable of you, but you'll run out of money if you keep doing things like that. Oh, and Lem? He went off to buy some supplies before we head out as it seems, he'll be back soon enough."

I shrugged and turned to the Inn keeper, "Heh, she has a point... ahem, we'd like to rent out a normal room for now if you've got one available. We'll pay half up front and the other half tomorrow, would that be agreeable?" I roll for diplomacy.

*Anthony rolled a 6, failing the challenge. Anthony gained 5 XP*

The old man shook his head adamantly, tapping his cane on the ground as he spoke, "I cannot accept such a deal young man, money is hard to come by on this town, so you'll need to pay up front."

I snarled under my wrap slightly, pulled out 32 pieces of gold and placed them on the table. More of my glorious money down the drain as it seemed, "Ack... fine here's 32 pieces for me and a missing friend. The rest can pay on their own, so mind giving me the key?"

The old man snickered and handed Anthony an old rusted iron key, "Hehe, thank you kindly sir, you'll find your room to be upstairs and the 2nd to last door."

*Anthony lost 32 GP and gained Dirt Path in Key*

I pocket the key and headed towards the stairs before gruffly calling to Alice, "Bah! Come on let's get going so we can start planning." I walked up the creaking wood steps and came to a medium length hallway with 3 doors on the left side and shuttered windows on the right. Going up to the middle door, I turned the key inside the lock and opened the door to dark room. From what I could see, there was a wooden table in the middle of the room with a small, cheap chandler above it. In the left and right corners in front of me there apeared to be 2 old looking bunk beds in decent shape and hopefully clean sheets. Besides that all I could see was a curtained up window, I'd have to find some light to see anything else.

Alice froze slightly at Anthony's agravated voice, and quickly reached into her bag, took 16 coins from her purse, and deposited them on the table. Her bag let out soft metallic sounds as she climbed the stairs and reached the ajar door in the hallway. She entered the room and coughed slightly from the dusty curtain, "Haa... ack... not quite worth 80 g-gold as it... ack... seems, eh?"

*Alice loses 16 GP*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile near the town hall, Lem seemed to blend in easily with his surroundings as he spied on the town hall building. He could see the mayor's study from the window he was crouched in front of. Unbeknownst to him sat Gareth and Xavier, looking over a book on the small table between the two men. They both appeared to have troubled looks on their faces, taking small sips of presumably alcoholic drinks in between words. Altough behind the glass window, Lem could make out some words if he listened hard enough.
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagerist Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:17 pm

"Two buffoons sipping their drinks on the bottom floor eh?" Lem takes out his grappling hook from his pack. "Better off starting with the second floor then." Lem backs up from the building and positions himself. With a graceful throw, the grappling hook latches onto the roof. Lem tugs on the rope to test stability, and climbs to the second floor of the house, checking through the window to make sure no one is within. He looks into what appears to be a bedroom, with a table right by the windows and a closet to the right of him, and the bed to the left.

Spoiler:

Plagerist
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:31 pm

*Lem passes his climb check and gains 20 XP*

Lem was able to break into the second floor of the house with no problem at all. The two men downstairs had no idea of him being there. The room that Lem was currently in seemed to be sparsely decorated, with slightly beige walls. Looking at the furniture around him, it appeared that it had been a while since someone used this room for living it, but it was still well kept. In the room there is a small dresser by the bed, a dresser for what would most likely be clothes, and a door leading to the hallway. As of right not, Lem can hear only faint talking from the floor below him.
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagerist Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:19 pm

Lem begins his intrusion of the home by inspecting the small dresser near the bed, in hopes of finding a few trinkets & valuables, though not hopeful, for the room he was in did not seem to be in use. He doesn't bother with the larger dresser, and quickly moves out of the room. Silently he peeks out of the corner, and into a rather spacious hallway.

He notices a barred door to the right of him, but forgoes it and goes into what seems to be a master bedroom. The bed was covered with a green blanket, with furs underneath it to maintain warmth. The fur carpet underneath was of mediocre quality, but fit the room nicely nonetheless. He inspected both drawers within the room, and checked underneath the bed just in case.

Eventually Lem, finishes his search within the room & heads to the barred door to inspect to lock. Nothing to hard to break into. The lock appeared to be attached to the door by a chain. It was made with the intentions of keeping everyone out, but it is clear that there was no great effort exerted by the smith who crafted the padlock. Lem quiets down, & makes sure the two fools down below were not on to him before taking out his tools.

Spoiler:

Plagerist
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by kst933 Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:49 pm

Alassea reluctantly surrendered her share of the payment. She followed Anthony and Alice up to their room. The room was not impressive in the least. She fanned herself with a hand to keep the dust from her face.

"Nothing unexpected from a town this small. I have stayed in worse places."

The elf took a better look around the room.

"Four beds. One of us will be having the misfortune to lack the comfort of a bed." She tested one of the tattered mattresses. "Or the fortune. Leave the candles unlit and perhaps we will enjoy our stay a bit more."
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:56 pm

I open the leather bag and give the old man the gold coins.

"I'm sharing the room with the man and girl."

*Tuyen loses 16 GP*

I walk upstairs to the room Anthony goes into. The room looks old and rickety, and very uncomfortable.

"Well.... This isn't quite what I expected."

I walked up to the bed where Anthony was near. As I walk forward, I step on a uneven board and made an obnoxiously loud squeak. Upon getting to the bed, I put my Mosin and my bag along with my hat on the frame.

"So... Who's top bunk?"
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:05 pm

As Lem expected he didn't find much more than dust and emptiness in the first room he was in as well as under the bed in the master bedroom. Checking the side drawers however, he was able to locate 4 small pouches filled with coins. After opening one up, Lem looked upon a small collection of silver coins in good condition, as they were not scratched and retained a natural shine. Pocketing the four pouches, Lem had made his way to the barred door and broke out his tool kit. Being nimble with his tools, opening the lock was no trouble for Lem at all. From his positon, Lem could hear footsteps from the floor below him. It appeared that they sounded like they were moving towards the door of the study below him. From this observation, it was hard to determine if Lem was on the verge of compromise or not.

*Lem earned 700 SP (Equal to 70 GP) and unlocked the gate. Lem also earned 15 XP*
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagerist Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:20 pm

Lem shuts the barred door behind him, and opens up the curtains, and examines his escape route through the windows. He works quickly and stashes any visible objects of value around the room, which include the sword hanging on the wall, the bag on the table, as well as the vial located next to it. He opens up the two drawers next to the table, & then focuses his attention on the strongbox. The strongbox had no significant details in it, but was clearly heavily fortified, and it would not be easy to open up. Nonetheless, Lem feels confident in his skills to try to open up the box.

Spoiler:

Plagerist
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:56 pm

Wasting no time, Lem's deft fingers swiped all that was laid before him. He deposited a vial of unknown liquid and 5 pouches of coins into his bag (One large bag on the table and four smaller ones from the drawers). Seeing a blade with an almost tempting aura about it, Lem lifted the large sword off of the wall still wrapped in it's ragged cloth covering and secured it to his back. Finally came the strong box before him which he tired to open the lock to. After struggling with the more difficult lock of the box, his pick snapped along with the lock to the box. Being a fair trade off, Lem placed whatever rested in the box into his bag without looking and made for the window. By his natural luck, he could hear the footsteps downstairs subside a clear sign that the men were no longer moving about.

*Lem gains 800 SP, 4,000 CP, Unknown Sword, Vial of unknown liquid, and Unknown Item. Lem gains 30 XP for picking the lock. Lem lost 1 Lockpick and has 19 picks left*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not feeling the effects of the dust due to my face wrap, I felt around until I found a candle on one of the nearby dressers. I took out my Zippo lighter and opened it with a metallic click. I turned to the two women, "Watch as I preform my own little bit of magic ladies. Let there be flames!" I hit the igniter and watched as a small but bright flame appeared. I held the flame to the candle wick on the dresser then the small, crude chandler in the middle of the room to light them before putting away my lighter.

Alice was mildly surprised when she saw the small flame appear in Anthony's hand. "Hmmm... what type of spell is that? Let me see." She pawed at his leg pocket slightly, trying to feel for his lighter.

I reached my hand back into my pocket, took out my lighter, and carefully placed it into her small hand, "Be careful, don't burn yourself on it. Anyway now I think that we should hand the issue of our groups motives and terms, right?"

*Anthony's lighter lost 1 minute of fuel from it's ignition and use. He has 29 minutes left of fuel*
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by kst933 Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:27 pm

The elf coughed lightly into her sleeve. This room had definitely not been used in a very long time. She widened her eyes in surprise when Anthony took out a strange device that created a small flame. The warmth of the flames were welcoming. Leaning over the shoulder of Alice, she studied the device.

"What a curious little thing. I do not believe I have seen the likes of such an item. It does not appear to be magic."

Alassea looked back up at Anthony.

"You and... Tuyen are rather unusual men. But now that you remind me, yes, let us settle our business."
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagerist Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:03 pm

Lem carefully hangs off the window, and with a splash into the muddy terrain, is back onto the ground. His cloak now sullied by the Earth, is now clad in dark brown, instead of its original midnight black color. He expected to go through a few more targets, but fatigue was encroaching his mind after today's events.
As he enters the inn, he tracks mud off his clothes and boots. The innkeeper is not impressed by this show.
"I believe a group of people came by renting for rooms earlier? Mind directing me in their direction?" Lem puts down 10 gp for the keeper. "And clean my cloak as well, I'll pick it up in the morning. Sorry 'bout the mud. Nasty weather." The innkeeper's eyes spark up, and tells Lem the room number and directs him upstairs.
Lem silently enters the room, without causing much disturbance, and sits down in a corner with his back against the wall.

Plagerist
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:08 am

*Lem loses 10 GP and makes it safely back to the Inn with no problems*

Although a bit dirtied, Lem was safe inside the musty room. Leaning against the wall the others had noticed him but did not notice the sword against his back or his muddied appearance. Lem could now take a look at the treasure he had "acquired" but more than likely risk the rest of the group seeing what he has. Depending on their disposition they may or may not receive it well. As he sat there, footsteps from several people could be heard coming from the stairs in the hallway.

I turned to Alassea, "You're right, it's not magic. It's called a lighter" I motioned with my hands as I spoke," It has a small reserve of oil inside the device along with, I guess you could compare it to, flint and steel. You roll the igniter which causes the steel to strike the flint, giving you a small but continuous flame. But anyway, does anyone have any paper so we can get this over with?"

Alice fumbled with the lighter in her hand, "Heh... quite hard to squeeze is it not? Come on now..." hearing Anthony mention about writing up a contract, she listly pointed to her bag nearby, "Eh... in... in there somewhere I should have... -oh come on!- paper and... some ink... heh..." She seemed to be more interested in producing a flame rather than glory and money as it seemed.

I put my hand on Alice's and quickly flipped the switch, igniting the flame for her, "There, happy now? Now onto business..." I walked over to one of the beds and laid my own bag against the post giving my back a break. I searched through Alice's small satchel to find some old looking paper, a quill, and some ink. I placed the ink and paper on the table, "Alright then, so: What are our goals? How good the contract is for? And how should we divide up what we find?"

As the group of travelers started to write out their contract, another group of people could be heard in the hallway. Loud and rambunctious, it was clear that a few of them must be drunk, as they loudly made their way back to the room next to our protagonists.
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:32 am

I climb up to the top bunk of a bunk and lie on the bed. I heard a slight cracking sound when I lie down. Luckily, the bed did not break.

"I say we divide it up into 5 parts, if there's gold. If it's in items and such, we'll debate over it. This contract should last until we claim whatever is in Renin."

I grab my rifle that is lying on my bed frame and disassemble it. I inspect it for any malfunctions and I take a cloth in my pocket to clean the bolt and barrel.
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:42 am

I wrote out our names in English, trying to make it look at official as we could. "Alright... 20% for everyone then? And until Renin... no objections I presume then unless someone else has something to add?" I looked around the room to see any objections.

Alice shook her head slightly with a wide grin as she waved the flame through the air, "No... not at all... ha! Look at this whimsical object, how quaint!"

I reached over and closed the cap on the lighter, "Alright that's enough for now Missy, can''t have you using up all my oil. So that's 3 Yes's already, so that means majority wins? Would seem like it." I signed my name on the bottom of the sheet and moved back to make room for anyone else.
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagerist Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:18 pm

Lem opens his pack and lays down his bedroll on the ground and takes off his muddy boots to set aside. "I'll take the floor then, seeing as everyone has claimed a bed already." He goes up the to contract and inspects it carefully, in order to spot any exploitable holes in it. He doesn't sign it as of yet, and just goes back to his pack. "Oh, is anyone here good with potions? I found this strange vial on my travels, can someone inspect it for me?" He takes out the vial and shows it to the group. "I expect this to be in the expertise of the witch or elf perhaps?"

Plagerist
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by kst933 Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:42 pm

Alassea studied the contents of the contract. She signed her name on the bottom next to Anthony's with a well-practiced hand.

"It sounds fair enough. I am not so interested in the profit to be worried about such things. There are other more alluring finds to be had in Renin."

Lem had brought out a vial of liquid. The elf quickly took it in her hand and studied it with a careful eye.

Spoiler:
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next