Gensokyo
Please login or register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gensokyo
Please login or register!
Gensokyo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign

+2
kst933
Artyom
6 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign - Page 3 Empty Re: DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign

Post by ICEheaven102 Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:36 pm

As I finish up my meal, I look outside the window. It's raining so hard I can barely see out the window.

"You got a good point, Yankee. It's raining like monsoon season out there. As for supplies.... I have 19 bullets of 7.62x54R, my Mosin-Nagant, a fairly large bayonet for the Mosin-Nagant, and 50 gold coins."

I reach into my pocket for any other items and I feel that ring.

"Oh yes, I have this ring. The barkeeper said it's a ordinary ring, but I have a strange feeling about this."

*Shows Anthony the Unidentified Bronze Ring*
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

https://gensokyo.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign - Page 3 Empty Re: DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign

Post by Artyom Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:45 pm

Alice takes a glance at the ring and immediately takes it away from Tuyen rather harshly and inspects it. She looks at it with interest and familiarity, turning it around in her hands and running her fingers over the metal. Within seconds she is able to feel a weak magical presence, trivial but enough to warrant a closer check. Alice rolls for an Arcane Knowledge check.

*Alice rolls a 25 (19+6) and is able to identify the ring. Unidentified Bronze Ring has now turned into Bronze Ring of Poison Fortitude which grants +2 to saving rolls against poison. Alice gains 20 XP*

Alice handed the ring back to Tuyen with a narcissistic grin, "Not a problem for a genius such as I. It appears to be a ring bestowed with resistances to Poison. It would undoubtedly be handy in a vermin infested area, but I do not know how much it is worth. Sadly, non-Arcane users do not see much value in Arcane objects but rather what the object is made up of. Perhaps it would be better to use it yourself then?" she finished.
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:21 pm

The little girl snacked the ring out of my hand as I took it out. She stares at it intensely. It seems she's really intrigued by this ring.

Alice then explains that this ring gives me resistance to poison. Pretty neat, she turned a ordinary ring into a poison resisting thing. I take the ring back and put it on.

"Wow, that's pretty neat Alice. If you can do that, can you make my rifle shoot fireballs and my bayonet into a katana?"

I give a slightly sheepish smile and a light chuckle.
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:34 pm

Alice looked at the rifle sling behind Tuyen's back and gave him a blank stare, "Ba-yo-net? Ka-ta-na? What do these words mean? I have never heard them before. Regardless, I cannot just add magic to any particular item, I am just able to identify them like I did just now. Enchantments and Identification are two different practices of the Arcane arts Mr. Tuyen."

I let the two of them talk over that little ring of Tuyen's and took a glance around the room. It wasn't too strange really, it looked almost like the Cantina from Star Wars, although with less Aliens and more pointed ears. Mostly men of various professions as it seemed were visiting tonight. The most annoying seemed like the drunks dancing around that guy with the strange instrument. I sighed, there seemed to be no women really except for some Elf looking person in the corner with what looked like a midget. Didn't look like it was worth getting into, midgets and drinks never seemed to mix well together. Not too far from them sat a man near the fire resting, he was the same man that went into the general store before me. I wonder what he planned to do with that rope he bought, he didn't look suicidal did he? I turned back around after getting a good eye-full and sipped my cider slowly as well as stacking up our dirty plates.
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:18 am

I stared at Alice blankly.

"Enchantments? Identification? I seems like we both have no idea either of us are talking about then."

I finished the last of my chicken and took the final bite of my bread. I then gulped down all my water to wash the food down.

This world isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I guess if I'm staying here forever, it won't be so bad.

I decide to take a look around the bar, just as Anthony did. I see that table full of orcs and magicians discussing that magical arcane whatchamacallit. There are a couple of distinguishing people. One is that man sitting by the hearth. Looks like he's asleep. Next was a black haired woman with pointy ears. I do believe she's an elf, and does look pretty if I do say so myself. Beside her is a midget gulping down drink after drink, after drink. Reminds me of that Russian Spetsnaz instructor that visited me 3 months ago. Fairly short, and drank a crapload of vodka.

Anthony begins to pile up the dishes. I help him out by piling mine and putting my pile on his.
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by kst933 Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:28 pm

The halfling was still speaking to her but she took no notice of him. After all, the rest of the tavern had become so much more exciting. The bard's tune seemed to dance in her head and Alassea couldn't help but to start joining in with the rest of the drunk patrons. She continues ignoring the halfling Lem and saunters over to join the raucous crowd. Of course, in her addled state, she found herself plopping straight onto the bard's lap. Tilting the man's chin up with a finger, she asked him, "Know any other tunes, handsome?"

Spoiler:
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:29 pm

*From past drinking seen, Alassea earned 20 XP while Lem earned 40XP*

Lorain Gathmouth had always been quite the ladies man, however none had ever literally fallen into his lap before. The bard stopped playing his song for a moment, allowing the patrons to rest while he examined his new prize. He brushed he hand away and copied Alassea by placing his hand under her chin, "My, my... now what do we have here? What is such an.... enthralling elf such as yourself doing in a tavern like this? This is no place for precious women like you my little pet. Now, how might I help thee?" Lorain poured on the charm, being able to see that Alassea had been driking quite a bit.
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagerist Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:11 am

Lem watched as Alassea walked away to the bard. "I guess halflings aren't as attractive." Lem looks at the bard more closely. "Only thing going for him is his wealth, the damn fool. Let me see how he fares without it." Lem gets up and casually walks past the bard to get out of his line of sight, and finally attempts to steal his possessions.

Spoiler:

Plagerist
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:08 pm

*Lem passes pickpocket challenge with a score of 27 with a DC of 10. Due to his high roll above 20, he is able to steal 3 small items from the Bard's backpack. Lem received a Torn Page from the Holy Word of Daiki , a Torn Page from The Renin Conspiracy, and finally a Lock and Key. Lem Gains 15 XP and adds .5 lb to his weight.*

Although Lem did not look closely at the two pages that he took from Lorain's bag, but by a brief glance it seemed a bit strange. The one labeled Renin Conspiracy, was not too far fetched, but it would be strange for a Bard, a man of Vice and sin, would carry around a page from a holy book. The lock and key seemed to be be carved from stone rather than metal, and did not seem to fit any door or safe. It also appeared to have runic symbols carved into the lock as well as the key. Figuring out it's origins would appear to be more complicated than it seemed.

Lem had been right about Lorain however, after "inspecting" his bag, it was clear that Lorain was a poor man despite his actions. Speaking of which, Lorain took a small pocket watch from his pocket and looked at the time before placing Alassea down off of his lap. "Sorry my dear, but I must be off for now, perhaps we could share stories in a bedroll some other time, eh?" And in almost an instant Lorain gathered his loot and bag before dashing out of the Tavern and into the story streets.
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagerist Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:02 pm

"Well this joke has gone a little to far." Lem, goes up to Alassea, and lets lean on his shoulder. In his mind the plan seemed a lot smoother, but their difference in height makes the end position quite awkward. Lem leads her to the bar counter, and sits her down onto a chair. Lem himself sits down next to two large brutes with, what looks like a witch between them. "Barkeep you got any elixirs that help a drunken gal? Oh, and what can you tell me 'bout somethin' called the "Renin?"

Plagerist
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:23 pm

The bartender pulled out a small vial containing a few drops of liquid and placed it on the counter, "Heh, funny the first time I've had to use this wee vial in a while. The People of this village seem to prefer to be drunk than have to deal with the trouble of living here. Ahh... that damn Renin fort... now that be the problem with this village! Superstition and buffoonery! The damn bandits think they'll find some magical artifact or something, but truth is that all they'll find will be trouble! Why in the world do you think such a place would be abandoned anyway? By the Great Daiki! Why don't people ever listen to you good old boy?."

Alice perked up slightly at the mere mention of Renin. This was the first time she had heard any denial of an artifact being located at Renin. Although this small town seemed mundane, the residents all seemed to have a strange view towards Renin.
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagerist Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:45 pm

Lem notices the small witch catch interest. "Ah the cute one's curiosity has a thirst as large as mine?" Lem lures her over away from the two burly men.
"How about we exchange information lass? A cutey such as you must hear a lot. No one would lie to you."

Spoiler:

Plagerist
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by kst933 Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:02 pm

The bard left Alassea much to her disappointment and was dragged reluctantly off to the bar counter. Only incoherent and senseless mumbling escaped her lips now. Her head rested on the ale soaked wood and it seemed she would not last much longer. The world around her ever darkened and soon it faded away into black.
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:29 pm

*Lem passes diplomacy check, earns 15 XP*

Alice turned a soft shade of red and placed her hand towards her face to hide her bashful grin. After traveling along for so long, it was refreshing to her to hear a compliment every once in a while. She gathered herself and spoke, "Aye, I have heard a few rumors halfing. Unlike the bartender, the traveling adventurers have spoken of an artifact from what I have heard. However, it would seem wise to head the bartender's words as he is a local after all. Why do you ask? Were you thinking of searching Renin for treasure or something similar?"

I looked at the drunk elf pass out beside me. It was good that that midget man wanted something to sober her up, but he just left her to talk with Alice. Speaking of which, wasn't she my new traveling companion? Bah, damn it all might as well help. I took the vial of pink-ish liquid, opened the elf's mouth, and poured it in "Well... can't do any harm I suppose, hope it tastes alright elf woman. How effective is this stuff anyway barkeep?"

The Bartender laughed heartily, "Oh don't ye worry, ol' knife ears here will spring back up any second now..." With that being said, a sudden strong, thick taste entered Alassea's mouth and throat, similar to that of a thick medicine despite the initial non-viscous look of the pink liquid. The feeling seemed to snap Alassea out of her drunken daze, although with a slight headache as a side effect.
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:41 pm

I watch the elvish girl pass out from being drunk. I couldn't help but start smiling at her drunken blabbering. Fortunately for her, a very short man gives her a pink liquid to wake her up from being drunk.

How interesting, a drink that makes you sober again. I wonder what else this world has to offer. And that Renin thing I heard about from the barkeep sounds strange. Maybe it's that magical artifact thingy those adventurers were talking about earlier?

I decide to talk Anthony about the artifact.

"You have any idea what this "Renin" artifact thing is Yankee? What is it exactly? It sounds quite.... Interesting."

ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by kst933 Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:56 pm

Alassea abruptly woke up from her slumber. Her head ached slightly but it was not severe. Everything that had happened in this tavern... it was a bit fuzzy but she could recall what had happened just before succumbing to the influence of alcohol. Damn that halfling, she cursed. She should have known better to trust one of them in the least. A bitter taste was in her mouth but it reminded her of the days she spent perfecting her alchemy. It was a sweet bit of nostalgia. Never mind that, she found herself sitting at the bar with a dangerous looking man to her left, his face hidden by cloth. How intriguing. Another man was seated a short ways down the bar, different in complexion, facial features, and dress. A small empty vial sat on the counter. But first she glared at the barkeep.

"Is that how your lot mock elves these days? I have half a mind to blast you to oblivion right this moment."
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:44 pm

The barkeep but his hands up in defense, "Hey now lass I didn't mean it like that. I served you like the others didn't I? It weren't an insult really, you know that some even say that good ol' Daiki was a knife eared elf himself? Haha! that would make you in good company then, wouldn't it lass? Tell you what, no hard feelings, consider that sobering elixir on the house."

I shrugged at Tuyen, "I don't know much honestly, all I do know if that everyone is going batshit insane over this damn Renin place." I wasn't too interested to begin with honestly, but maybe I could find something valuable at Renin since I was getting tight on money. I turned to the barkeep, "Say... you told the little guy over there not to bother going to Renin, how come? Everyone else here seems to think it's hiding something amazing."

The barkeep's expression turned solemn as he leaned forward to speak to Tuyen and Anthony, "I told the little one, because there's nothing there for us mortals. Ye young bloods may have delusions of grandeur, but trust me boy-o it's a trip you'd be better off not taking."

The bartender knew something that the others didn't, it was pretty obvious by his changed disposition. Maybe I can get more out of him. I roll for diplomacy, 20 (19+1)

*Anthony passed with 20 over a DC of 10. Anthony earns 15 XP*

I spoke up, "And why would that be? It looks like you're serving a group of rowdy and strong adventurers over there. I'd think they'd be able to take on any bandits or whatever is hiding out at Renin, right?" Even though he didn't seem to be extremely bright, he was probably wise, he couldn't argue with basic logic like that.

The bartender grittedd his teeth as he looked around, "Aye... against a group of bandits, it would be a fair fight, however..." He balled his hand into a fist and squeezed it before letting out a deep sigh, "Listen young blood... there are things that a man never forgets in his life, the taste of his first ale, the warmth of a woman, the sound of your child's cries, but there are also horrible memories as well." He took a pause, reached under the counter for a glass frosted bottle of brownish liquid and took a swig. "Aye... Renin was build as a fort like the others may say originally, but it weren't all for the wars back decades ago. Our deity, Daiki... he has jurisdiction and protection of this town and the land around it, but he is absent at Renin. But don't get me wrong, those poor sods living in Renin are no trouble at all, just little gnats more than anything. It's what's under Renin that's to be scared of. And that's all you'll hear out of me lads, I'm not willing to say anything else. It's too painful for a man my age to recall." With that he took off his apron and wandered into the backroom of the tavern.

I leaned back in my chair and crossed my arms in thought. This was a bit more complicated than I though. Bandits were bandits, just ordinary people robbing others. But something under Renin to be scared of? What was there to be scared of, a bunch of rocks? I was perplexed more than anything else, a little disheartened by the old man's speech but not shaken. I turned to Tuyen, "Spooky, eh? What about it then, you still keen on shooting some Bandits and taking some treasure Charlie? Or are you scared of the boogey-man in the basement of Renin like the old man?"
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:42 pm

I smiled at Anthony's statement.

"Me? Scared? I'm sure that huge rat in the basement of this tavern is more scary than a bunch of bandits. I'm sure they're nothing more than just rabble. Also, if there's any treasure in that Renin place, it's going to be worth it fighting a bunch of bandits."

I load a bullet into my rifle and push the bolt in.

"I'm ready to go."
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by kst933 Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:15 pm

"Hmph."

Alassea regarded the barkeep coldly and said no more. Whether Daiki was an elf or not, it did not matter to her. The halfling was chatting away with a young girl. Nothing good could become of that. She listened in on the conversation between the two men, the word "Renin" having caught her attention. It seemed these two were interested in infiltrating the fortress as well. A halfing, an elf, and two men, she mused. Maybe the girl too. They would make for an interesting party. She touched the masked man's elbow.

"If you require any assistance in your venture to Renin, I believe the halfing and I can oblige. We, too, are interested in what is hidden within the fortress."
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:35 pm

I patted Tuyen on the back, "Whoa, good to know that you're all "gung-ho" about the idea of loot but let's take it easy tonight and get fired in the morning, eh? Besides, from what I've seen so far bullets are pretty rare here so we might want to conserve some ammo."

Feeling a the light brush of a hand against my elbow I turned to see the elf I had given the potion to sober up, "Ah... good to see that you're with us now. So, more people interested in Renin, hmmm? Well, I think we'd appreciate the help if you two were to come along with us. Being a mercenary however has taught me a think or two Miss... elf... we'll have to make a contract to settle out our terms and conditions of working together. I suppose your err... halfling you called him? could write it up since he seems to be quite the cunning one." I extended my hand towards her, "I suppose this'll do for now then, the name's Anthony, nice to meet you."
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagerist Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:10 pm

"Perhaps," Lem answers the young witch's question. Lem was a bit suprised by her figure of speech, and then decided he miscalculated her age. Nonetheless she took the flattery as planned. Lem notices Alassea talking to the two men at the bar. "Those two brutes are your companions correct? I can already tell what they be planning out, and I suppose having some brute force would be helpful. Shall we join them miss...? Pardons, I'm Lem, and you are?

Plagerist
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:00 pm

"You make a good point yankee. A bit too dark to go anywhere. And still very rainy. Even I wouldn't go raid ammo stockpiles in this condition. And you're right about the ammo. It doesn't seem like anyone around here is carrying 7.62x54R. I guess we should only use our bullets in dire situations."

I turn to the short man and the elvish woman.

"Oh right, I forgot to introduce myself. Where are my manners. My name is Tuyen Truong, captain of a squad of the 3rd Viet Cong division. Good to meet you Lem, and your name, Elvish lady?"
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by kst933 Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:49 pm

Alassea took the cowled man's hand and shook it.

"The pleasure is mine, Anthony. Though I would not suggest letting the halfling Lem write the contract if you wish to have favorable conditions. He is cunning, yes, and not unselfish. I am Alassea of Illumil. If the gods are with us, the storm will pass overnight and the ground will not be too wet in the morning."

She eyed the strange weapons in Tuyen's and Anthony's hands. Their shapes were not unfamiliar to her but they were very rarely seen. She had distrusted such weapons the moment she laid eyes on them. They were metal abominations that did not belong in this land.
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:04 pm

Alice looked over to the man and boy she had just met and turned back to Lem, "The one with the covered face is my... acquaintance ..." she said remembering what Anthony had commented earlier, " the other eastern looking boy is just a traveler we have stumbled upon, however it appears he will be joining us on our travels." Alice took the hems of her dress and preformed a slight curtsy, "Alice, Alice Werckmeister. It is nice to meet you Lem, and I have no quarrel with joining together. I cannot speak for the other two, however I do dabble in the Arcane Arts which could possibly be useful to us. What shall our plan be then, hmmm?" Alice had nothing against Haflings, but she had heard stories about their trickery and cunning. She would be sure to keep her bag under close watch, lest her scrolls start to go missing.

I smiled slightly under my wrap, it was nice to meet such a refreshingly nice person in this world. I turned my head to see Alice and the halfling talking before turning back to Alassea, "Ah, good point, in that case it can be a combined effort. Dividing out money, who has what role, our traveling plans, and all those things will have to be figured out. Most importantly however; did you in the halfling have a place to stay for the night? Since we'd be traveling together maybe it'd be best to sleep under the same roof?"
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagerist Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:13 pm

"The plan is not thought up of as of yet, surely there is a vendor selling a map of the Renin fort. Yet it is best to rest for today, and perhaps become more familiar with our acquaintances."
Lem turns to Anthony at the mention of lodging.
"I was already bringing up a suggestion of heading to the inn to the she-elf, and was planning to do some cheeky things, but not even a drunken elf seems to have interest in a halfling such as me." Lem gives off an eerie smile at his remark, showing one of his canines in the process. "Anyway we shall agree to the terms in a less crowded area shall we?"

Plagerist
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next