Gensokyo
Please login or register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gensokyo
Please login or register!
Gensokyo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign

+2
kst933
Artyom
6 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign Empty DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign

Post by Artyom Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:36 pm

(Click this first please young ones: BGM)

The world is Eden, Foreign to some home to others. Eden is an ever changing world, empires rise, countries are destroyed, legends are born as time flows on. Nothing has changed in this current age of 6039 E2; areas of the world are stillravaged by plauge and disease while others are blessed with opulence and prosperity. Not to forget the actions of those from Earth as well as other planes of existence. In such a world, there is no clear path to the annals of history, as each hero must make his or her own destiny. It is said that the ones of the original age were able to see the future of anyone alive, dead, or yet to be born. With that being said, what have the Elders predicted for you young ones?

The Journey of our Protagonists starts in the ramshackle town of Donnal on the continent of Galos in the world of Eden. Donnal is just a shadow of it's former self. Formerly a prominent and well off farming village, an almost constant and eerie mist hangs over the town. A relatively new village being settled less than a century ago, the current inhabitants toil away daily living in down trodden conditions. Even the local Lord who owns most properties and buildings in Donnal has fallen on rough times, and starts to worry more and more everyday about the conditions of his village.

Currently the village is contained within a 5 x 10 mile area. The village, although aged and old, has a good number of buildings and services. Such businesses and buildings are: Donnal Town Hall/Estate, Dirt Path Inn, Crooked Hoe Tavern, Pevent General Store, Harrell's Meats, Iron Hammer, and the Temple of Daiki. The surrounding farmland however is mediocre at best, as it seems its fertility has become worse due to over development and reuse of farmland. To the south of town, the dirt road leads past plowed fields down to a fork in the road. The road to the West leads to the next town over, while the East leads to the remains of Renin fortress. The townsfolk of Donnal can thank the ruins, for it has brought many new faces to the settlement.

As of late, Galos has been strifed with internal conflict between local Lords and Barons. Such conflict has caused the Aristocracy to raise their own armies in order to claim land as their own and stake their place in the National Parliament of Galos. Troublesome times have given the poor, mercenaries, adventurers, knights, men, women, almost anyone an opportunity to make a name for themselves. As such, a realitivily new conglomeration of Bandits have taken the ruins of Renin as their own stronghold, becoming a threat to Donnal. In response the mayor has blocked off the road to Renin util the local lord's army arrives to react, or travelers looking for fame and gold wish to try their luck at attacking the fortress. It will only be a matter of time before large factions start to clash openly in Galos.

Although it looks unpromising, be perceptive my sons and daughters, use the knowledge that the gods have granted you. Donnal may seem to be a dismal village, but rest assured there are many opportunities to better prepare yourselves for the future. Leave no stone unturned and learn as much you can, it may help you in the future.

You will make enemies and you will make allies; sometimes enemies will turn to allies and allies into enemies, but in the end does it matter who owns the dagger stuck in your back? What are your reasons for coming to this land? To look for Wanderlust? To obtain Revenge? To obtain Power? To Challenge the Gods themselves? To stride for Love? To find your destined soul mate? To become a legend within the annals of history? Perhaps to serve those who you are loyal to? Whatever the case may be, only you can create your own destiny, and there are many ways to go about it. This is only the beginning young ones, make the best of it. Times may change, but there will always be room for Heroes and Villains.

Ah... but listen to an old Elder babble on about which has not happened yet... The skies are clouded and starting to turn black, it will rain soon I am sure of it. You've finally arrived at Donnal, just in time to take shelter before thunder booms and lightning tears the sky apart. So then young Adventurer, where does your journey begin, hmmmm?

Here is the Map of the town named Donnal young travelers, one with normal markings and one with areas of interest labeled. Do as you please and start whereever you wish travelers; I wish you the best of luck and shall watch your progress proudly... hehehe...

DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign Donnalnormal_zpsa7afd547

DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign Donnalevent_zpsf25f1bf2

Map Key:
NumberLocation
1 Town Hall/Estate
2 Iron Hammer Forge
3 Temple of Daiki
4 Crooked Hoe Tavern
5 Dirt Road Inn
6 Pavent General Goods
7Harrel's Meats
8 Abandoned Home
9 Donnal Family Crypt
10 Statue of Donnal Daiki
11 Poor House
12Empty House

(Please Roll 1d20 + initiative to see who shall start first and post your results. The highest shall go first and so on and so forth and shall determine the turn order when advancing the campaign (Unless someone would rather trade their placement with someone else). Please post as following once you have your result "Rolled 1d20 + Intiative and received # (Insert the forumla that you used to get your roll here: 1d20 # + Initiative #)". I will then determine who shall go first and so on and so forth. Whoever goes first shall be allow to state their backstory, then start their character anywhere within the town and take their turn. There truely is no limit for how long someone's turn may be and are encouraged to use as much detail as possible. However, leave any skill checks/challenges/unique NPC dialouge/location descriptions to DM. Most important of all have fun!)

Last edited by Gib-Gib on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign Empty Re: DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign

Post by kst933 Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:40 pm

Rolled 1d20 (20) + Intiative (+1) and received 21

LAWL! I didn't cheat, I swear! http://prntscr.com/ov0cl
Didn't notice the little modifier column though.
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Rolled 1d20 (14) + Initiative Moddifier (1) and received 15

Damn it kst, hacking already, unless Sam beats you No
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Garviel Loken Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:07 pm

I'm absolutely thrashed kst's score.

http://prntscr.com/ov3fd

(It was lowest wins rightz?)

Garviel Loken

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:36 pm

Rolled 1d20 (7) + Intiative (+1) and received 8

Lawl I'm lowest atm
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

https://gensokyo.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagerist Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:59 pm

Well I rolled 1d20 and got 7 + 1 initiative so I got 8.
On another note. Sup guys I'm new to te forum but ill be in the d&d game as well.

Plagerist
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Garviel Loken Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:20 pm

He was the heir of the far off lost kingdom of Amurel, trained in warfare and governance before the violent and brutal war with their ancient enemies the Bugbears. The nation was left desolated by the war and only a few escaped with their lives. Feanor was one of the few, he escaped with a retinue of 10 knights. Pursued relentlessly through the wilds by the Bugbears, his companions slowly dwindled in numbers out at least Feanor was alone. He fled the Bugbears and took up a humble life as a woodsman, learning the crafts of nature and slaying any creatures of evil he came upon. Whilst dwelling in the great forests of the world he came across a Lion beset by Bugbears, the first he had seen since his escape. He fell upon the Bugbears with the strength of a thousand men, routing the party, then set about healing the Lion. As a gift for his act the Lion followed and befriended him, Feanor having learnt the speech of animals during his time in the wild. Feanor continued his wandering until he found himself approaching the downtrodden town of Donnal.

Feanor walks through the front gate of the town and first heads toward the town hall to find news of recent happenings in the surrounding areas.

Garviel Loken

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:04 pm

My name's Anthony, and I am a Human stuck in an unwelcoming world. You could say that I was an average guy back when I was in America... errr... well Earth in this case. I grew up with a small family of four and middle class home, nothing out of the ordinary really. People thought I was intelligent though, which I agreed with to some degree. It was a bit of a trade off though, because even though I knew a bit more than most people, my social skills were a bit... lacking. Not to say that I was a slob or unattractive, I was always thin and athletic, but I just was not good at much else besides small talk. But I digress; I was living a pretty good life right up until college, where I ran into a bit of a financial snag. I had received my bachelors degree quite easily, but my family split due to a divorce thus cutting off all funds for my education. Even though I had a degree, I could not find a job anywhere that was not working at the cash register at some fast food restaurant. I got desperate, so I started looking into joining the military to cover my costs, however I was in luck and found a private military contractor (Mercenary company) hiring new recruits. All they required was some sort of college education, an applicant did not even need any combat experience which worked greatly in my favor.

Joining up with a company named Helping Arms that would act as body guards for organizations like the Peace Corps or the Red Cross. I was shipped off to Afghanistan with about 20 other guys. We worked mostly jobs that involved helping the Red Cross with small tasks like cooking, guarding outposts, taking patrols into towns, and other little things. We rarely received any dangerous contracts, so I had a lot of time to learn about the surrounding areas of Baghdad, the language as well. It was good despite what the media had been saying, I would wake up in the morning, walk around a small village, help some locals with small problems, an then relax for the rest of the day. Hell, I had been issued a Colt M1911 and I never had to fire it outside of rare target training.

Anyway, my group of guys were called upon by the local medicine man. He was known as being extremely superstitious, claiming that spirits walked the Earth and similar things. Normally when a person thinks of the Middle East, they do not think of spirits and devils. Well, 5 men and I went to the Medicine man's hut in a small village named Quasaid. He told us that he wanted our group to clear out a mountain-side ridge about a mile away which harbored a creature he called a Djinn. Not wanting to turn down money, we obliged and made our way to the ridge along with the old man finding no trouble along the way. When we reached the ridge however, we were greeted by a strange floating blue light that shimmered in the air. The old man got on his knees and started reciting verses from the Koran, while we drew our firearms. One of the newer men in the group fired a warning shot into the blue light, which immediately caused the ground to shake and him being forced back about 10 feet onto his ass. We weren't ready for something like that, so the rest of us started firing, each being thrown on his ass like the last, however no one was killed thankfully. I did not know whta to do, so I got on my knees like the old man and started saying "I wish I wasn't here right now..." over and over.

That was when the blue light changed into a large, blue skinned man floating in the air clothed in old Arabian clothes. He looked down at me and spoke in a booming voice, "SO YOU WISH IT... SO IT SHALL BE DONE!" And in an instant he disappeared ina flash of light and I was knocked unconcious. When I came too, I was in the middle of a lush, green forest instead of a desert mountain. I was now in the world of Eden, which I would find out upon visiting my first town. Apparently, what I had encountered was a Genie, you know like in those old Disney Movies... like Aladdin, yeah. When I said that "I wish that I wasn't here right now", it granted my wish, coincidentally sending me to Eden.

So far I have only been in one town on this continent named Galos and seen many interesting and strange things. I've managed to trade some items I had with me on earth to a small what they call "Halfling" merchant and receive some currency that can be used, unlike my money form Earth. Even though I look a lot like "Humans" from Eden, I prefer to keep my face hidden as I do not know what kind of an uproar I could cause if I'm not careful. Surprisingly, they speak English as well in this land, although it's closer to old English than the modern day version. I have departed from the town of Sharnal however and have now arrived at Donnal, a broken down town with a lot of opportunities to make some money. I am thinking that maybe it's time to become a true mercenary in this world, I mean I do not have anything back on Earth waiting for me, so why not make a new life here?

Spoiler:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entering from the Southern Gate of the town, I notice that I'm a bit low on food and supplies. Perhaps I should restock while I have the chance and get a feel for the town atmosphere from a local. So, I decide to head towards a building labled "Pevent General Goods" to see what I can find inside.
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by kst933 Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:15 pm

Alassea is an elf, and young by elven standards, from the distant isle of Illumil. She did not have the fortune to know her parents, but she would certainly say that she was lucky to be raised by master wizards and sorcerers in their stead. And thus on the day she could read and write, her kind caretakers became short-tempered masters of magic and old fairy tales became ancient tomes and scrolls. Her studies were long and tedious, but it was all she had ever known in her life, a life of flipping through dusty books and practicing the art of sorcery. As she grew older, her masters permitted her to accompany other wizards and sorcerers on their travels to the other lands of Eden. There, she furthered her education with alchemy and languages. But her travels taught her something else as well. She saw the goodness in the common folk, but in the more treacherous regions, she saw dark evils that corrupted the hearts of lesser creatures. On her latest return to Illumil, her decision was final. Alassea bid her masters farewell and freely roamed the lands of Eden, embracing the deity Toldir along the way. She bound a raven with magic so he could serve as a traveling companion. It was her intention to drive out whatever evils she saw plague the land and offer guidance to those that needed it.

Spoiler:

Alassea entered the town of Donnal from the northern gate. It was a common little town, and she found it rather unimpressive. Still, there were rumors of trouble abound and that always caught her attention. Her travels left her weary and hungry, so she made her way to the southern side of town and entered the Crooked Hoe Tavern. Taking a seat by the hearth, she paid for a tankard of wine and some bread and cheese. The elf was aware that the residents had taken notice of her already. She was not one to keep a low profile in such normal circumstances.
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:16 pm

Rolled 1d20 (16) + Intiative (+1) and received 17

Looks like I'm up next lol
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:47 pm

My name is Tuyen Truong, a farmer and a fisherman. I also happen to be a Vietcong captain. When I was around 16 years old, Americans came into my village and occupied it. They claimed my father and many of my friends were Vietcong and executed them. I became angry at the Americans, and I wish to avenge them and free Vietnam from their capitalist dictatorship. A friend of mine named Vinh asked me to join the Vietcong and I oblieged. I joined the Vietcong and I was given the ability to protect my village from the American invaders and give my people the food they need.

In Vietcong, I made a lot of comrades very quickly. I met an NVA officer named Satoshi Hojo. He's not Vietnamese, he is Japanese. He never returned home to Japan after the Second World War, but instead stayed back to help train the Vietminh. Satoshi taught me the basics in combat. Close quarters, rifles, sub machine guns, machine guns; you name it. I became a fully fledged Vietcong in less than 3 months. I could use any weapon I pick up, hide in any bush, and put a trap anywhere. Aside from learning combat, Satoshi taught me some Japanese, and told me lots of stories about Japan. Vinh showed me an entire tunnel system the Vietcong dug out, leading from my village all the way to Saigon.

Shortly after my training, I participated in the Tet Offensive. Vinh says I have killed over 100 men in the battles I participated in, and he got recommended me to be promoted many times. I'm currently a captain. Today, I got called in to raid a nearby temple guarded by ARVN and American troops. Supplies are believed to be there, which we need. I load up my AK and head to the temple through our tunnel system. Upon arriving, one of our inexperienced gets spotted by a guard. A gunfight quickly starts. Americans rush out of the temple doors and begin suppressing us. I shoot out way through them and eventually reach the interior.

The temple was a very clean Buddhist temple. It seems the owner of this village is very rich. I see Americans running through the halls. I try not to shoot the Buddha statues and order my men not to. I do not wish destroy such a holy place. The Americans seem not to care though. The bastards toss a grenade at one of the statues near us. The grenade blows, killing two of my men and destroying the statue. My AK is knocked out of my hands, so I pick up my fallen comrade's Mosin Nagant with a bayonet. I roll while firing. One shot. One kill. Another shot. Another kill. I get pinned down near a pillar, but I roll towards another and then rush towards the American. I stab him in the heart, killing him instantly.

I pick up some ammo off my fallen comrade. I close his eyes and put his dead body and another's near the Buddha statue. My other comrades rush into the temple. I inform me that more Americans are on the way, with tanks. My troops grab the bodies of my two fallen comrades and begin to rush out. As we run out, the Americans catch up with us. Another gun fight begins. My unit gets surrounded by Americans. Their tanks are slowly approaching us.... Is this the end?

Suddenly, the eyes of a Buddha statue glows and a burst of light flashes in my eyes.

I wake up and I see myself flying head first into a wall. I crash through the wall and break it, but I felt no pain for some reason. I get up and I see myself in front of a building. The sign reads "Crooked Hoe Tavern". Wait, isn't that English? How did I learn to read English? Where in the world am I? Am I... In another world? A world like in one of those fairy tails mother used to read me when I was young?

"Impossible..." I whisper. I cup my mouth in shock. Did I just speak in English? What the hell is going on? I decide to explore this strange place. First off by walking into that place called "Crooked Hoe Tavern."

MAH PIC:

Spoiler:
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagerist Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:16 pm

Lem's life was rather dull. He worked on a farm with his foster parents within a desert Halfling village that was of such minor importance, its location was never even mapped. He would spend his days throwing rocks at cans in his free time, or reading books whenever he was hiding from his foster father in order to skip the farm work. He frequently taunted and tricked other halflings into impossible bets, gaining easy money and valuables, as well as earning the name of a trickster by the town. Even during the night, when everyone was sleeping, he would sneak out and steal a few pieces of valuable property. Over the course of the week the town would be in an uproar searching for the thief, only to find it laying in the same exact place from where it was taken from. Yet, he always yearned for more.

One fateful day, one of his tricks went horribly violent. He stole a valuable horn, from the town merchant, who agreed to keep it safe for a customer. The horn apparently belonged to a traveling band of Half-Orcs, known for their harsh and cruel "justice." The orcs returned during the week, and in their anger of the merchant losing their horn, massacred many innocents, including Lem's parents, only to find the horn back in their camp. The damage done, and the town in shock, the orcs left without any recompensation. No longer bound to the town by his parents, and haunted by the incident, Lem took his essentials, whatever money was left from his parents, and fled the broken village. Lem now only escapes his past, due to his undying curiosity, and his thirst for knowledge.

I enter the town with a band of farmers, from the southern main entrance. I thank their hospitality during the trip with them, part ways, and enter the Crooked Hoe tavern. I sit at the bar counter and order a flask of mead. I begin to eavesdrop on every conversation within the bar, searching for a juicy rumour to pry open.

Plagerist
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:38 pm

BGM
Feanor:

With his dusty cloak fastened tightly around his shoulders, the woodsman Feanor made his way to the Town Hall of Donnal. Along the way, he noticed the significant lack of townsfolk milling about in the streets. Besides the occasional traveler in exotic clothes, those who lived in town were hard to be seen besides a small child or an elder. Most of the locals were of Galian descent, however a perceptive person could determine a minority of the population being Half-elf due to Donnal's close location to the woods of Sharnoth. Feanor approached the entrance of the Town Hall, it happened to be nicer than the surrounding buildings and in better shape, with two stories and a large property size. Thunder rumbled in the distance, however the guard at the entrance of the building did not take notice. The guard was an out of shape, middle aged Galian with mix-matched attire. He wore cotton tunic which had chain mail underneath, a leather bracer over his chest, cotton slacks, cheap leather shoes, and a bent spear in his hand. If this ill equipped man was guarding Donnal's most important building, one could only imagine how well armed the rest of the militia was.

Feanor was able to step into the Foyer of the town hall with no objection from the guardsman. The Interior of the Foyer was clean and presentable, although very lacking of furnishings. There were portraits on the walls of what appeared to be surrounding areas, woven chairs for guests to sit on, and a large grandfather clock ticking in time. On one of the boards there was a large bulletin board with several notices posted. From an open door however, Feanot could see two men arguing over something in the room. From his current position, he could only make out a few words about Renin Fortress and no more. What would Feanor do from here?

*All challenges in this scenario have a CL of 5*

DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign DonnalTownHall_zps69fcd0b9
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Garviel Loken Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:09 pm

Pulling his cloak in against him and shutting the door behind him, Feanor dusts the grime from his boots. Intrigued by the conversation of the two men he strides confidently over and asks if they have any news of bands of evil creatures roaming the countryside.

Garviel Loken

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:57 pm

Feanor:

* Eavesdropping obtainment of bonus information about Renin failed; Can still be obtained with a Gather information or Diplomacy check of 10*

Taking a break from their heated discussion, the two men turn behind them to see the gallant Feanor stride into the room. The Mayor of the towner was an older Galian appearing to be in his 60's while the other man looked to be of a similar age but a bit more fit. The visitor was slender when compared to the mayor and appeared to me much younger than his complexion revealed him to be. He wore a light blazer over his elegant attire of a vest, dress shirt, slacks, and scarf. With a cigarette in his hand and glasses on his nose, he seemed to be a scholarly type of person although with an aura of youth about him. The Mayor on the other hand wore a long, silk embroidered robe over his aristocratic looking robe. In his hands he held a large book containing official documents more than likely and a key along his neck probably to something important. His combed back grey hair along with his weathered face gave him a look of seriousness, but broke it with a smile.

"Ahh... a traveler and so eager... we have been getting so many of those these days." The Mayor paused and extended his hand in a weak hand shake. "I hope you are finding my town to be hospitable young stranger, these are... troubling times. I am the Mayor of Donnal, Garman Donnal. I have been the magistrate of this settlement for over 20 years, just like my father, and my father's father. I can see that you are a man of action by the blade by your side and your inquisitive looks..." Garman paused for a moment, "Perhaps... you might be able to complete some tasks for me if you are searching for work? Perhaps you would be most fitted to helping the farmers clear the fields of debris or maybe help some of the locals with their problems, hmmm? Most rabble in this town start off by doing trivial tasks, that does not seem too hard for you, yes?" He added in with an hidden hint of indignity.

While Garman spoke to Feanor, the other man stood quiet, listening more than talking, almost juding both Feanor and Garman by their actions. It was clear that if Feanor wanted to learn about the real issues in the region regarding Renin, he would have to find some way to get more information out of the men.

Garman:
Spoiler:

Other man:
Spoiler:
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Garviel Loken Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:39 pm

Feanor attempts to Gather more information and takes a Diplomacy check.

Spoiler:

He passes and asks the Mayor about Renin. The Mayor looks shocked that Feanor, having only been in the town a short while is aware of Renin and that something untoward is happening there.

Garviel Loken

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:05 pm

Feanor:

*Feanor passed his diplomacy check and gained 20 XP*

Garman stood there petrified for a moment before regaining his composure. "A-ah... so you have heard about Renin, eh? Perhaps I was too quick to judge then my good man, you seem to know more than your appearances give away." He adjsted his collar before continuing, "I was actually talking to Xavier here about the issue at Renin fortress. You see Sir Feanor, Renin Fortress was orginally an outpost build to keep the borders of Sharnoth safe from invaders. Years passed, the borders of Sharnoth expanded, and Renin was no longer needed. As such, the Fortress fell into disrepair and has since been abandoned besides the occasional training exercise by the local militia or pilgrimage by an Arcane scholar. Perhaps Councilor Xavier would like to hightlight the recent history of Renin?"

With that, Xavier nodded and gave a grave smile to both men before speaking in a gentlemanly yet powerful voice, "Of course, of course. Before I continue with the tale of Renin however, I would like to explain my position to Mr. Feanor. I am a Councilor of the Stroiche family, who rules the Region of Sharnoth in. I was tasked with inspecting the situation of Renin fortress. Civil unrest is becoming common in other regions of Galos, making it the perfect time for Bandits to roam the country side and pillage. Lowly bandits are normally nothing to be concerned about, however it becomes a peculiar situation when said bandits inhabit a centuries old fortress with no value what-so-ever. Let me clarify, no offense to Mayor Donnal, but the village of Donnal is nothing more than a conglomeration of farms with a small commercial community, there is not much profit to be made from razing farms. So, our theory is that these bandits were hired by someone or an organization to seek out something in Renin fortress, as they have not ventured forth from it's walls since their arrival a month ago. Given those details, we would like you Sir Feanor to either rid Renin of the bandits or at least report back to us with information about the activities of the bandits. Should you be able to do either task for us, there will be a monetary reward and perhaps I may be able to find more work for you in Sharnoth should you do an exceptionally good job. Should you bring any companions as well, they shall be rewarded as well, however you shall receive the most prestige. I will also be in town for the rest of the week, so I will try my best to assist with any questions if you do have any. Of course if you deny this task, we will not hold it against you, we shall jst be forced to divert resources from the Sharnoth military in order to solve the issue at hand. So then Mr. Feanor what say you? Do we have a contract?" With his speech finished, Xavier extended his hand to seal the deal. Perhaps if Feanor had any troubles or worries about the task, he could find his answers by asking specially what concerned him.

Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:42 pm

BGM

Alassea, Lem, and Tuyen: Alassea sat by the hearth to warm her body against the fire while sipping her ale. Although her race caught the attention of others, she preferred to keep to herself. Lem the Half-ling on the other hand sat at the bar, keeping his ears open for any conversations that he could listen in on. Meanwhile, the young Tuygen stumbled into the bar, slightly dazed and confused. At the sight of the strangely dressed people of different sizes and shapes, his face displayed a look of disbelief.

At one table sat a group of adventurers, talking loudly as they drank their ale. The one who appeared to be the leader of the adventurers spoke out, "Aye... that fortress down the dirt road seems mighty intimidating. I heard that Lord Stroiche has put a bounty on the bandits residing there." The Half-orc of the group replied in a deep voice, "Heh, you know what I heard? I heard that there's some sort of... uhhh... "whatchamacallit"..." The mage lowered her head into her hands in disbelief, "It is not a "whatchamacallit" you blundering half-orc oaf... it is a highly valued Arcane artifact!" The mage leaned into his companions and continued to whisper.

At a few tables over, two men where discussing the state of the city. "So, Zilia finally started working on fixing the outer wall, can you believe that?" the first man said. The second man replied, "Heh... no kidding? I guess that boy isn't a good for nothing after all. Maybe he'll actually get something right for once." The first man took a sip of his beer and continued, "Aye, and I heard that priestess of Daiki, Malta Forn, she's been having some trouble with the grave sites. The last thing that we need here is an undead outbreak, eh?" The other man bellowed with a laugh, "Damn right, although I think it might beat having to shop at all of these deadbeat shots, but what is a man to do? To the best of times and worst of times my friend!" The two men clinked glasses and continued to talk.

A bard had been playing his lute since before our protagonists had entered the tavern. By now, the drunken patrons were starting to become rowdy and were singing along to the tune. The bard smiled in earnest, "Ah yes fellow compatriots, let my songs of glory and fame lift your spirits! Let no man keep you down, huzzah!" It seemed as if the more the bard played, the more the rabble become loud and boisterous. It appeared it wouldn't take more than a thrown bottle or botched word to turn the Tavern into a brawl. The bar owner seemed to be used to these type of situations however, but didn't pay any attention to the bard and continued to serve customers.

Now it is time for our protagonists to act. (Whoever goes first does not matter, just be sure to know who goes when, not to mess up anyone else/talk out any plans with another via PM, and to not progress too far without others posting).

Tavern:

DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign Screenshot_9_zpsfec70480

Spoiler:

Nameless Bard:

Spoiler:
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Garviel Loken Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:09 pm

Feanor weighed his decision carefully, while clearing out bandits at an abandoned castle was not the sort of work he had intended to take on it could lead to more information within the town. The bandit infestation also had the feeling of a deeper story, with it's roots steeped in evil. Even though he hated company Feanor felt that it would be best to travel in a small group at least until he knew more of the numbers of the bandits.

"I would be most honoured to take up this task for you Lord Mayor," he said, "Give me a short while to check the town for any like-minded travelling companions and then I shall head out to scout the castle, at the very least."

With that he shook the Major's hand, thanked Xavier for the information he had received and headed for the door. On the streets of Donnal Feanor first headed back through the streets to the front gate, on the right of which was the General Store, Pavent General Goods. Inside the store he purchased a length of rope and an empty wineskin for X GP. Ready for the journey himself he decided to head towards the Inn, a likely source of information on newly arrived travellers, adventurers and possibly a little extra information on evil ongoings in the area if he could convince the owner to elicit a little more.

Drawing his cloak tight about him, he covered his head with his hood as he felt a light pattering of rain begin. Covered by his cloak he became almost undetectable even to the few, very few, villagers around in the streets. The mysterious powers of the once Kingly gift from the nearby elves of a Greyglitter Cloak for his Father. He arrived at the inn, with the rain picking up no more. Upon entering he was struck by it's state of disrepair. The floor was dirty and there was straw everywhere. He wouldn't be surprised to find that the place was infested with rats twice the size of the ones in the wilds.

Approaching the Innkeep,

"Hail there good Sir, you wouldn't happen to know of any adventurers looking to journey out to Renin Castle would you?"

As he said this he casually rolled a bronze coin across the desk towards the Innkeep.

Spoiler:

Garviel Loken

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagerist Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:34 pm

The ruckus in the bar is overwhelming on Lem's ears, yet he manages to discern the mentions of an "Ancient Artifact," to which his curiosity craves for. Lem begins his approach on the table of adventurers, but then thinks otherwise, and prefers an indirect approach. He moves to a closer position by sitting near the fireplace, opposite of the she-elf. He stares blankly into the fire, shifting his focus on the voice of the wizard of the adventurer party.

*Lem takes a Listen Check*

Spoiler:

Plagerist
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by kst933 Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:46 pm

Alassea had been quietly listening into the conversations around her as she warmed herself by the hearth. The wine had not been of great quality which was to be expected, but it was enough to make her frown slightly in discontent. She noted that most of the tavern's customers were human and gave no more than an amused glance at a rather confused-looking one that stumbled through the door. Nearby, a bard was playing vigorously on his lute. Alassea was studying the inside of the tankard when she catches a snippet of conversation from a group of noisy adventurers, "...is a highly valued Arcane artifact!" The elf lifted her gaze, pondering what she had just heard. The rest of their conversation was lost to the drunken cacophony of the tavern.

Arcane artifacts were no mystery to her, having studied them years before when she was still a student of magic, but she had encountered few on her travels. For one to be so near... its mention certainly stirred her curiosity. To learn more, she would have to approach the adventurers herself. There were four of them, and there was no doubt that the half-orc was the least wise out of them all. Perhaps he would let a little more slip than the others. Adventurers tended to be a cautious bunch after all. The halfling settled in the seat across from her.

Alassea gathers her robes around her and approaches the half-orc. "Did I hear you correctly? An arcane artifact is in the ruined fortress just beyond the town? I happen to be well acquainted with magical relics and you have left me thoroughly intrigued. Perhaps you could tell me more, strong one?"

Spoiler:
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:38 pm

Where the hell am I? This place looks like something out of those strange French fairy tail novels Mother used to read. I see humans when swords and bows, wizards in robes and staffs, and even midgets and an elvish woman. A table beside me, I heard people talking of magical arcane artifacts of some sort. I look around and notice that many people are drinking and eating. This must be a tavern as the name implies. Maybe one of these people know where I am and what happened. Maybe the barkeep knows something. I walk forward toward the bearded man behind the counter.

"Excuse me sir, where am I? Why am I here? Is there any way I can return to back to Vietnam?"
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:53 pm

*Lem Rolls for a Listen Check with a CL of 10 (Base 5 +5 due to noisy atmosphere). Rolled 25 and passed easily. Received 20 XP*

*Alassea rolls for a Diplomacy check with CL of 5 (Base 5 + 5 due to noisy atmosphere - 5 due to proximity ot target). Rolled 7 and barely passed. Received 15 XP*

Lem sat as still as a statue, as he listened in onto the wizard. He was accustomed with loud taverns and marketplaces, so listening was not even a challenge to him. He could hear the wizard clearly as if she were speaking directly to him. Lem heard the wizard speak to her companion, "You see... it is rumored that there is an Arcane artifact buried within the catacombs under Renin fortress. From my knowledge, I believe it to be a gemstone shaped to match the mark of the Donnal Family Crest, and is imbued with mystic abilities. What it's purpose is any more than a well cut stone is beyond me, but I believe that those bandits might be looking for it. If so, we would be in over our heads if we attempted to raid the fortress it would be best to let it be. I do not think that normal bandits would be after a mystic stone though, they must have hidden motives or perhaps are doing a job for someone else." The wizard finished speaking and sat back, listening to what the leader of the group had to say.

Meanwhile, Alassea had walked up to the half-orc of the group and tried to pry out anything she could from him. Understanding that this attractive elf was seriously speaking to him, the half-orc grinned slightly and spoke with gusto, "Hehe, well I couldn't keep a secret from a pretty lady now could I? Well I'll tells you what I heard. In the last town we had passed, I heard two guards or something speaking about that there fortress. They said that there was sort sort of... uhhh... magical item... or something in there. They said that there was stories about that magic item being buried in the basement, and that people always used to want to steal that item years ago. I don't know what it is, but the guards said that they used to call that item "The Key of Donnal" or something like that. I think it might be an axe or a hammer, since it's a fortress and all... but that's all I know Miss." The half-orc finished with a smile and a slight flex of his muscles.

Tuyen approached the barkeep and assaulted him with questions. The bartender would look up every so often after polishing a glass to answer, "Aye, you be in a wee town by the name of Donnal me boy, I thought ye would have known after coming in through the front gates. Now as to ye purpose, that's for you to know ain't it? Hehehe... I'm joking me boy, it be a joke." the barkeep let out a laugh before shaking his head, "And I ain't ever heard of no "Vietnam" like you say. But by the look of ye clothes, it sounds like one of them Easten countries that I always hear stories about when travelers come to buy a drink. Speaking of which, why don't ye take a seat and have a drink me boy, you seem a bit off. You must be new to these parts eh? No worry you'll learn to survive yet hehe... Anyway, do you have any gold to spend me boy? If not I may be able to help ye out a bit if you need it." With that, the barkeeper put away the beer glasses and rested his arms on the counter, looking at Tuyen now with a more interested look.

The bard on the other hand kept playing his lute while the patrons danced along too and fro, seeming to match the atmosphere of the setting.
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:06 pm

Anthony and part Feanor:

Anthony entered the Pavent general store from the streets of Donnal jst as the first drops of rain fell. Once he stepped inside the shop, one could get a feel for the town's economy. The store shelves were well stocked and well kept, however the practicality of some of the items inside was questionable. Items ranged from farming equipment and tools, to food and supplies, as well as to weapons and armor. Despite the amount of items in the shop, there was only one other traveler in the store at the moment, who was idly looking at items without any real intent on making any purchase. Anthony perused the various goods on display at the meantime.

While Anthony browsed, the woodsman Feanor entered the store after having his meeting with the mayor. Feanor took almost no time looking around as he knew what he was looking for. He walked up to the store owner and purchased: 40ft of Medicore Twine rope and a Donnal Sheepskin Wineskin for 25 GP (10 + 15). He quickly paid and made his way out to the streets, and headed his way towards the Dirt Path Inn. While he exited however, a small girl dressed in black entered the store and started to look at the various wares as well.

*Feanor: Lost 10 GP for Rope and 15 GP for a wineskin for a total of 25 GP. Feanor gained Items: 40ft bundle of Mediore Twine Rope (.5lbs; Burnable) and a Donnal Sheepskin Wineskin (Curently Empty; Has base weight of 1 lbs; Gains 1 lb per liter of liquid; Holds max of 3 liters + 1 extra liter due to being well made in Donnal).*

Store:
DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign Screenshot_6_zpsbb5adbe7

Girl dressed in black:
Spoiler:
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:30 pm

Gold coins? Wow, this really is like a fairy tale world. How did I even get here in the first place?

My stomach starts to rumble from hunger.

Getting hungry. I wonder if the 50 Dong in my pocket is of any use for a meal. And I might as well do something while I'm here. I don't think I'll be returning home anytime soon. God, I hope my comrades are ok.

"Umm, sure. What work do you have for me sir? and yes, I am indeed new to this place. And I would like a meal, just some bread will be fine... Will you accept this?

*hands the barkeep 50 Dong (Diplomacy check)*

Rolled 9. -2 Charisma modifier. +1 Initiative. roll is now 10.

Last edited by ICEheaven102 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next