Gensokyo
Please login or register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gensokyo
Please login or register!
Gensokyo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign

+2
kst933
Artyom
6 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign - Page 5 Empty Re: DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign

Post by Artyom Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:01 pm

*Alassea is able to identify the vial of liquid. It turns out to be a Potion of Wound Restoration (2/3). This potion can be used on a downed ally to bring their Health back to 0. This potion is also very alcoholic, providing the consequences of inebriation. Currently has 2 does left out of 3. Alassea gained 25 XP*

Observing the red colored liquid with a hint of raw liquor added in, Alassea remembered her training as an apprentice. Within seconds she narrowed down the purpose of the potion to revive a heavily wounded ally. If Lem choose not to sell the item to a merchant, it would most likely have some use on their travels.

Pouting slightly now that her new toy had been taken away from her, Alice took the Quill and signed the document with a well written and exceptional signature. "There, I do not have much choice otherwise for my travels anyway. I just do hope that we survive this expedition more than anything else. Now I believe we should start planning how we will accomplish this, no?" With that being said, Alice made herself comfortable by taking off her heeled boots and bringing her satchel over to the table. She took out the two sheets of parchment that Lem had handed her Earlier as well as the lock and key and placed them on the table. Looking over the objects before her, she spoke with a look of thought on her brow, "Hmmm... this letter addressed to this 'Lorain Gathmouth' is in low gothic, so one of you may read it while I decipher these other objects. Alassea do you have any knowledge in language? Perhaps you would translate this other sheet of paper while I look over this Lock and Key."
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign - Page 5 Empty Re: DnD: World of Eden; Main Campign

Post by kst933 Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:23 pm

Alassea set the vial back onto the table.

"It appears to be a healing potion although it contains a substantial amount of alcohol. Drinking it will more than likely leave one thoroughly intoxicated. There are two doses left in this vial. We might be able to make good use of it in our expedition tomorrow."

She took the paper from Alice's hand and sat down on the lower bunk, studying it.

"This is from the Holy Book, you say? I will do my best to decipher it."

Spoiler:
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:45 pm

*Alassea failed to fully decipher the text, being only to partially decode the message. Alassea gains 10 XP*

The page was written in some type of Daconic, Sandscript, and Sharnothian text which made it hard to decipher. Despite being from a supposed Holy Manuscript, the image imprinted on the page proved to be quite... unnerving. It appeared to be some sort of cloaked figure wrapped in ceremonial garbs and holding up a hand as to sign something. The ripped sides thankfully did not cut off any text, but surely there was more of the Manuscript than what was currently present.

Pouring over the Manuscript page, Alassea was only able to understand bits and pieces of what was before her. Understanding as much as she could, she decoded the message.

*DM will PM player with information*
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by kst933 Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:07 pm

Alassea found the image to be slightly disturbing. A truly dark being, she thought to herself. It was certainly not something to be taken lightly.

"I have been able to make out some of the text, but I am afraid that it is written in a script beyond my comprehension. It appears to be related to Daconic or Sandscript; I am not sure. I believe it reads, 'In Renvolt... lie the power of... Daiki and the Abyss... Carcharias' key... may be the... way of... unlocking the... ebb and flow... of protection...' There is still much on this page that I cannot make out. This leaves more questions than answers."

She placed the page upon the table for the others to see.

Image:
Spoiler:

Last edited by kst933 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:29 pm

I took a glance at the page and tightened up a bit on the inside, "Ehh... is that supposed to be our friend Daiki on that page? If so he doesn't look like an elf or a deity to me in that case. Looking at the ripped page, it looks like there may be more to read but I'm not sure." I shook my head and looked over at what Alice was doing, "And how about you? You able to decode anything written on that thing yet?"

Alice turned it around in her hands in the pale light of the chandler, "hmmm... I beleive so... let me see if I got this correctly deciphered." With that, Alice made an Arcane knowledge check. Alice rolled a 20 (14+6).

*Alice was able to successfully understand what was written on the stone lock and key. Alice gains 20 XP*

Alice read off the runes etched on the lock in one hand, "'Carcharias will be stifled and bound'"

And read off the key in the other,"'Daikis' knowledge be true and distant'"

She looked at the two, took a deep breath and inserted the key into the lock, "W-well... we might as well see if anything will happen so... here I go!" She slowly turned the key with surprisingly little resistance until an audible click was heard and it could go no further. Waiting a few seconds, nothing seemed to happen at all. Disheartened, she roughly placed the combined object onto the table with a loud thud, "Heh... a load of rubbish really, ridiculous to think that anything would happen, hmph!"
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagerist Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:47 pm

"Someone else might as well keep the potion, I don't think a person with traits such as mine will be needing it." Lem puts down the potion back on the table, in reach of everyone. Lem goes back to his pack, and thoroughly examines the remains of his venture. He takes out the unidentified sword and leans it towards the wall, and finally inspects the object that he had taken without properly examining it.

Plagerist
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:13 pm

I look at the picture Allassea placed on the table. I felt a slight chill go up my back.

"Eeee, that looks pretty creepy."

I finish cleaning my bolt. I put my cloth on the cleaning rod and begin cleaning the barrel, and I look at the letter place on the table.

"Hey you guys mind if I read that letter?"

I take the letter from the table. "It says.....

"Look here, I have been tolerating your presence among us for the past few weeks with frayed nerves
and am getting very impatient. You promised us that you would find information on the seal
but you have come up with othing but drink and wenches so far. Thus, I would advise you to
come up with somehting worthwhile on your next trip to Donnal or else the concequences will
be severe. Consider this your last warning."

And it is from a guy named Vector. Wonder who he is."
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

https://gensokyo.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:50 pm

Before Lem sits the large Bastard sword, the scabbard wrapped in an old tattered rag, hiding what it looks like. Looking at it would make one qonder while it was hanging on the all in the mayor's home. Meanwhile, Lem looked to his hand to now see what he had acquired. Looking in his hand from a distance looked like a brightly colored multi-tiered flower. When seen from Lem's perspective however, it was clear what he had in his hand was no flower. It's slightly heavy weight made it clear that the 'flower' was made out of precious Gems. The stem was made out of green clear emeralds, the first flower out of blue aquamarines, the second flower our of red rubies, and the very middle our of a small yet valuable diamond. Surely this was quite the find!

Spoiler:

*Lem gained Gemstone Flower*

I took the final piece of paper on the table and read it aloud,

"Extract from The Renin Conspiracy,

After cross referring the old Sharnoth records and star patterns of several decades, I have finally come to the conclusion that Renin is infact the same site of ancient Renvolt! How exciting this is, to think that I will soon find the old resting place of Daiki and his first temple! I must set out immediately and without hesitation, I must reach Renin so I can start excavating. Perhaps I can use some of the money my sponsors had given me for my research to hire some body guards and diggers? Being an abandoned fortress would make Renin the perfect place for riff-raff. But alas, that is all I can right for now without my hand quivering in excitement!
-Mortimer"

I rubbed my hands together, "Hmmm... looks like another piece of the puzzle, you think this Mortimer guy might be running the show over at Renin?"
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by kst933 Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Alassea set her satchel down by the end of the bed and pondered about what they had gathered. All the information was just bits and pieces and it made little and less sense. She was only certain that something dark was happening in the ruin and it would not serve her well to leave this mystery unsolved. The brightly colored gemstone flower failed to catch her attention.

"If this Mortimer is the one leading the bandits, perhaps. Otherwise, I believe he would be dead. This all seems rather suspicious. A letter to one Lorain Gathmouth mentioning a seal, a page from the Holy Book mentioning a Carcharia's key and unlocking something, a page from the Renin Conspiracy detailing Mortimer's plans for an excavation, and the lock and key from the town hall. What does this all mean?"

She furrowed her brow in concentration.

"I had been speaking to a half-orc at the tavern before Lem here approached me earlier. He mentioned something known as the 'Key of Donnal' that might be within the ruin."
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:18 pm

I look at the gemstone flower. It shines brilliantly in the darkness.

The key to Donnal... I gave it a thought.

"Just a little thought.... Maybe the "Key to Donnal" isn't an actual key. Maybe it's another item or maybe even a person. Maybe that gemstone flower is the key to something."
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:02 pm

As the room murmured in though, loud thuds could be heard from the room beside them with loud hoots and bellows. Loud foot steps could be heard in the hallway followed by a rough knocking on the door. Having forgot to lock the door, it swung open with no problem as a large, sweaty, and slightly drunk man stepped inside. His clothes and slippers hinted at an oriental or Far East influence, but was off-set by his deep red hair. He walked towards the group, his stature that of a man used to hard physical work or training. As he opened up his mouth to speak, sharped teeth could be seen, "Eh.. -hiccup- Oi!... Y-you lot seem to be tha... -hick- ones from the tavern, yeah?" By looking at the man, he seemed to be of human decent, but his slightly pointed ears hinted at being a mixed race. Spotting Alassea, she shuffled over and patted her surpingly gently on the shoulder, "H-hey you! You were the nice lookin'... -hic- elf at the Tavern. Remember me...? I was there with... with... with... me party! Yeah that's -hic- right! We're right next door.. actually!" He finished, pounding the connecting wall with his fist to make a loud thud.
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:09 pm

As soon as I finished cleaning my rifle, a large, drunk man busts through the door. He has red hair, the same colour as blood. His ears are pointed like Alassea.

He then proclaimed that he knew Alassea. I'm sure he just talking drunk, but still. I don't want him hurting anyone here. I load a bullet into my rifle and point it at him.

"Don't move! Take one step closer and you're dead!" Tuyen does a intimidate check

Spoiler:
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:31 pm

*Man rolled 8 (10-2 [drunk]) for Sense Motive against Tuyen's Intimidate of 7. Tuyen fails at intimidation and earns 5 XP*

The man looked at the rifle that Tuyen was holding and raised an eyebrow before laughing, "Ha... that's a good joke... I-I like you buddy... such a joker." He looked at Alassea in the eyes and whispered quite loudly, "Hey... sweetie... y-you know that THING I talked to you -hic- about.. earlier? Well... my b-buddies got a... got a..." he snaps his fingers in thought, "a... a... map! Yeah... they've got a -hic- map of that place if you'd like to... see or sumthin'..."
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by kst933 Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:45 pm

The elf groaned inwardly but kept her annoyance to herself. The last thing she wanted to see tonight was the half-orc she persuaded to give up some information on the artifact in Renin. Even worse, the half-orc was heavily drunk. Orcs were never a kind she took pleasure in dealing with and mixed races she found to be rather curious. This combination was not one she particularly liked. But he mentioned a map and that definitely intrigued her. Regardless, Alassea smiled and hid her contempt.

"Ah, if I am not mistaken, you were the mighty half-orc I spoke to about the artifact in Renin. It is a bit late for you to be wandering around in your poor state. I would offer you something to remedy you but alas, I have none."

She lowered her voice so only the half-orc could hear.

"A map, you say? That is something I would most certainly like to see..."

Still, she wondered if the half-orc and his companions were up to something.

Spoiler:
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagerist Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:49 pm

Lem chuckles at Tuyen's feeble attempt to scare the half-orc. He gently comes up to him and points the gun away from the orc with his index finger. "Put that thing down, you'll hurt yourself." Lem stares at the half-orc with great interest. "Is this one of your customers elf? I would greatly appreciate it if you can persuade him to show us this map of his."

Plagerist
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:12 pm

*Alassea passes the Motive check with a DC of 5. Alassea gains 10 XP*

Looking over the half-orc, it was clear that he was too dull or too drunk to think of any possible plot. As well as being incapable of forming a scheme, the man was only staying one room over; should a problem arive, her companions could save her.

Nodding vigourously the man made his way out of the room and into the hallway, "Come on over then... my d-dear -hic-" Opened the door to a room that was exactly like the one next door except for the inhabitants inside. Standing in various places around the room was an older looking man smoking a pipe, a young woman clad in armor looking over a table, next to her an elven man with long flowing hair, and finally a younger looking girl laying on a bed. Seeing the half-orc enter, the armored woman exclaimed, "Guang! What are you doing? I thought you said that you were going to the outhouse? A-and who is this young elf with you?"

Looking a bit bashful and holding up his arms, "A... -hic- friend Ambrose, I met her at the.. ummm... Tavern!" The old man gave a skeptical stare at the girl laying on the bed who in return giggled stlightly. Ambrose raised her voice, "You drunken sloth... and what does that have to do with the rest of us? We have no need to meet your "friends"." Guang shook his head, "B-but Ambrose... this elf knows about... dat place... Renin! I offered to let her.. look at the... the.. uhhh... map! Who knows maybe she could... help us?" Changing her glance from the half orc to Alassea, Ambrose spoke in a more respectful tone, "A-ah... s-so is this true then? You know about Renin as well?"
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by kst933 Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:23 pm

Alassea followed the half-orc tentatively to the room next door. She had no reason to suspect him of anything ill considering his drunken state. In the room, she found an old man smoking from a pipe, a woman clad in armor, an elf, and a young girl lying on a bed. The armored woman, she learned, was named Ambrose and the half-orc was Guang. Judging by the old man's reaction, the girl in the bed was likely some wench the half-orc had already picked up. It offended her slightly to be compared to such a woman. Alassea walked around the table to face Ambrose who seemed far more capable in holding a decent conversation than the half-orc.

"Yes, it is true. I have been looking into the matter of Renin as you have. There is quite a mystery hovering around that place and I believe it would be beneficial for the both of us if we could share a bit of knowledge about it. Guang here mentioned that you have a map of sorts?"
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:44 pm

I looked at the others, "Eh... I don't know, maybe we should go and check up on those two? Not to mention, it would be better if we got a look at the map too maybe? For remembrance of course." I walked away fro the table and out into the hallway, "You guys can come too if you want." I walked through the hallway and stepped through the door. I roll for Diplomacy, 22 (20+2 [NAT 20 BITCHES(I convince them to like me so well, that they all think that I'm their childhood crush)])

Huffing and smacking the dust off of her dress, Alice stretched and followed Anthony's path, speaking to Tuyen and Lem before leaving the room, "You two should come along as well, it would not hurt to socialize a tad, would it not?" With that Alice peeked into the next room over to see if she could join in on the conversation.

*Anthony passed automatically with a Nat 20, he makes a noticeable entrance and is well received. Anthony gains 25 XP.*

Entering the room I noticed things go silent, "Oh don't mind me I'm just here to make sure everything goes smoothly for my friend Alassea over here. I hope you folks don't mind if I take a little gander at that map as well, do you? Can't help to have a little intel on where you're going."

Seeing a new face or rather a new cloaked face enter the room, the group of adventurers from the tavern went quiet. Ambrose looked over the man before her carefully, choking on her words, "I-I... uh... w-h... who are y-y-you?" she said red faced and clearly vexed.

I looked to my side to take a look at Alice, but she shook her head. I pointed to myself, which is who I had guessed was the individual that the young woman clad in armor before me was referencing to. "Me? Just a traveler like any other I suppose you could say. I recently joined forces with the Elf here, so when she mentioned that there was a map of Renin available I thought I should have a look. And yourself Miss...?"

Ambrose was clearly distracted at seeing and hearing Anthony talk in such a way, his mysterious being seemed to captivate her interest. Getting tired of her deliberate silence, the male elf near her side spoke up, "She is Lady Ambrose, a squire. And I am Mayark Poloom native of Sharnoth. And why exactly should we let a stranger such as yourself gaze at our items? No disrespect meant of course sir."

I shrugged and eased my way on over to his side, "None taken buddy, I mean if I were in your position I'd be wary of strangers, I know I was when I first arrived here." I roll for bluff and sleight of hand, to distract the room and snap a photo of the map with my phone. 11 (12-1) and 19 (16+3).

*Anthony passes bluff challenge with a DC of 10 and a sleight of hand challenge with a DC of 15 (Base 20 minus 5 for distraction). He is able to successfully take a picture of the map without the others noticing Anthony gains 40 XP*

"But of course, I do admit that it is quite rude of me to barge in like this... who are the rest of you? Hey big guy, I can see that you like to drink don't you, what's your name?" I stroked the drunk guy's ego to try to get a big response out of him, that way I could snap a quick photo of the map on the table just in case I need a permanent copy.

The half-orc flexed his muscles and grinned with pride, seeming to shake off the influence of alcohol,"Ha! Finally... someone seems to truly appreciate my strength! I'm known as Guang Ying to all who challenge me! Heh...." Guang looked to the doorway and now spotted Alice grinning ever more, "Ah... and what do we have here? A doll by chance? Or maybe even a damsel in distress? Hehe... mine for the taking!" Mistaking Alice for a mere child, he swiftly closed the gap between them both, picked up Alice in one quick move, and threw her over his shoulder.

From her new and unexpected perch, Alice flailed around and panicked, kicking her legs with wide eyes, "H-hey! P-p-put me down y-you... oaf! I am no mere c-child! A-anyone! H-h-help!" Alice was not exactly terrified, but being violently picked up by a stranger did have it unsettling effects. Especially when her assailant was a large, sweaty man that smelt of liquor.

While the room seemed to be focused on Alice and Guang, I nonchalantly slipped my phone out from my belt pouch, snapped a photo, and put it away. Chuckling slightly to myself, I nodded my head towards the old man and the young girl on the bed," And who are you two? The both of you seem to be awfully quiet while all of this is going on."

*Anthony Obtained a photo of Renin's ground structure*

The girl on the bed giggled slightly to herself, rose to her feet, did a light curtsy, and sat back down, "Aye, a good time can be had by all, no? I am Claudette Homal, nice to meet you, I hope that we can get along well together, hehe..." After finishing her statement, the older looking man finally made an action by taking out his pipe and smiling ever so slightly, "You... you remind me of myself as a young knight and adventurer, able to stir up a whole room in a second's notice. I like that about you young man, I like the way you carry yourself, friendly and casual, but you know that you want. I am Ingar Varstead, I hope that we can help eachother in our endeavors and may Alon guide us."

Still distraught and in an uncomfortable position, Alice fell to her last option, "A-Anthony! G-get this brute a-away from me! P-please! D-do not jst stand there... h-help!" She said with her arms outstretched and begging for salvation.

Obliging Alice now that I had gotten what I wanted, I took her with no trouble from Guang and took her into my arms, "T-there we go, oof... a bit heavy, eh? Well away from that funny fellow and into safer arms I guess, you okay now?" I cringed under my mask, even though she looked to be small, I wouldn't be able to hold her up all day.

Alice turned red in embarrassment from being made fun of as well as now being held so intimately. Struggling once again until she was released onto the ground where she dusted her dress off of any residue from Guang, "G-gah... you could not have helped me earlier? Such a useless man; and to be clear I am no a child! I am of age to partake in any adult pleasure that I desire!" She said with a frown and emphasis at the half-orc, "heh... I appreciate the... 'friendlessness' but I would prefer it if you were not to touch me, thank you very much..."

Having finally gathered herself, Ambrose turned to Alassea, "A-ah yes, I am terribly sorry. Please do have a look at that map if you please while I have a word with your... ummm... colleague." Ambrose turned around and looked towards Anthony with an airy look as the others went back to their business, "S-so... I see that you have earned the attention of my Knight Master Varstead, he is quite the... discerning man. A-ah yes!" She awkwardly reached to the bottom part of her armor to attempt a curtsy, realizing that it was too solid to preform such a feat. Embarressed, she offered her hand instead, only to remember that that was well was covered in armor before retracking it back, "O-oh... p-please pardon my behavior, I am not sure what has come over me... ah-ha..." Ambrose cursed herself internally for making such a fool of herself.

This poor girl seemed to be out of it for some reason, although honestly it was kind of funny to watch. Not to perpetuate this any further, I thought of ending the girl's bad luck streak by taking her hand and pressing it to my face wrap in a mock kiss. I laughed slightly to make her feel better, "Ah well, I guess we both can make mistakes on occasion" pointing to my wrap and her armor. "Well, it is nice to meet you Miss Ambrose, my name's Anthony. So then... your group is heading towards Renin I hear?" I adjust my chest rig slightly, the heavy weight of my 1911 becoming a slightly nuisance against my chest.

Ambrose brought her spare hand to her face in embarrassment, not normally being able to show her feminine side, "A-ah! P-please! No need to call me Miss, that is much too bold and out of place. Would you please rather call me Squire Ambrose? Ahem, and yes... we planned to embark to Renin tomorrow morning in fact... oh!" An idea dawned upon her, she played with her fingers timidly, "A-ah... that must mean that you intended on making the same journey? Eh... p-perhaps then maybe our two groups could work along side one another and we could ummm... -gulp- travel together?" she finished, getting much wilder ideas that what she should be thinking of.

I shrugged, "I have nothing against that idea, strength in numbers and all, you'll have to talk to the rest of my party though, I don't think that they'll have many objections though. Right Alice?" I turned my head slightly downwards and looked at her in earnest.

Feeling left out and slightly abused, Alice had been sulking silently next to Anthony. Now seeing how this... this... harlot was swooning over he new companion, she was not going to take that lightly whether or not he reciprocated feelings towards this Ambrose woman. Under no circumstance would Alice be losing any of her companions anytime soon! Alice subtly grabbed onto Anthony's arm with her own and spoke to Ambrose, "No, I have no problem with that... as I do not care where we depart to. However." she stated with a harsh stop, "Wherever I go, this blighted idiot follows with no exceptions. With that being said, if we so choose to travel to Renin as a group then so bit it as long as my own conditions are met, hmph!" she finished with a slight toss of her hair. It was not exactly jealous taking hold of her, or so Alice thought, but it was more of the possibility of losing her newest and only friend that she has had in a long while.

Going back to the table, Mayark looked over at Alassea and moved ever so closer speaking in the High Elven Language, "So... I can see that I am in the presence of such a young and beautiful elf, may I ask where your homeland is? I myself hail from the forests of Sharnoth, although a humble home, it is respectable nonethless. Perhaps... we might be able to help one another my dear?"

*Due to Anthony's perfect Diplomacy roll, relations and checks with Varstead's party will be easier. Should negative interactions occur between parties, relations will deteriorate and checks will be harder. (The power of a natural 20 at work guys, this is why you want Nat 20's)

*References for new and important NPC's with a small amount of back story for each*

Guang Ying: A burly, large half-orc in his mid to late 20's and stands tall around 6'5". Not only his appearance, but also his garb sets him appart from others due to their Oriental Nature. He trains his body in the monk disicpline and uses Nun-chucks in battle, but also has the spirit of a true fighter and is not afraid to use bladed weapons or even literally get his hands dirty when in battle. Due to his red hair and human features, it is actual quite hard to determine his heritage. Besides subtly physical characteristics, his orc side only comes out when he is either in battle or intoxicated, casuing his speak and though patterns to change dramatically. Normaly boisterous and loud, Guang has a natural taste for adventure and treats traveling companions as he would family, and would defend them to the death.

Spoiler:

Ingar Varstead: An older man who appears to be in his 50's or 60's but might be older or younger standing around 6'0". Born in a Northen country in Eden, Ingar hails from colder climates and a kingdom that valued old traditions. Ingar had once been in an Imperial Army as a head knight until his time to retire came, he now travels during his leisure, leaving a loving wife behind that he visits every so often. He also has taken it upon himself to train young Squires for payment upon his travels as well, his current one being Ambrose. He is often a quiet and judgemental man, but has a good heart and looks out for others.

Spoiler:

Ambrose "The Galiant" Antoinette: A young woman barely into her 20's standing at a little over 5'10". Coming from a lesser noble family from a kingdom in Galos, under normal circumstances she would have lived her life out as a lady of the house. However, due to a lack of an hair to the Antoinette family, Ambrose sought to become a squire and eventually a paladin or a knife in order to honor her god and family. She normally has a serious "on-track" attitude due to always being treated like a boy instead of a girl as a child as well as living a pious life. However, if the right opportunity or person presents them self to her, her shell breaks revealing the softer and more fragile feminine side to her, often resulting in embarrassment for her as she is not used to such emotions and struggles with thoughts of immortality.

Spoiler:

Mayark Poloom: A High elf who appears to be in his late 20's early 30's but is much older than he leads on to be; he is a little over 6'0". Having lived in the forests surrounding Sarnoth, Mayark had always been taught to be weary of humans. When he aged into a man, he set out upon the world to make a name for himself and honor the hallowed tree ancestors of Sharnoth. Since living and traveling through new realms, he has devloped a taste for grandeur, fame, wealth, and romance but has kept his old values true. Mayark is a quieter fellow, but very friendly if given a chance; he is also always interested in any idea or plot that would provide him with a fun yet safe thrill.

Spoiler:

Claudette Homal: Young girl in her late teens, she is about 5'6". A young cheery girl, Claudette was raised in the hilly lands of Wiemar which neighbors Galos. Living on the land as the daughter of a farmer and nurse maid, she learned how to use natural herbs as well as magic to cure ailments ad diseases. Growing tired of farm life, she decided to go on a pilgrimage to expand her medic knowledge as well as help the needy in the process. Claudette is a very light hearted and optimistic girl which suits her skills as being a caring healer. Although not necessary interested in the granduer of adventuring, she has always held the idea of settling down with a small wealth, a husband, and a family as being very favorable.

Spoiler:

Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:51 pm

As Alice signals for me and Lem to go to the other, I leave my rifle on my bed and walk to the other room. Upon entering the room, I see Anthony holding a strange device and pointing it towards the map on the table. I then see Alice get picked up by the drunk red haired man, who is named Guang Ying. I couldn't help but chuckle a bit at Alice being startled by him.

On the bed is a little girl named Claudette Hommel and an old man named Ingar Varstead. I believe the person that catches my eye the most in this room is the woman in armour, Ambrose. She seems to get quite flustered when Anthony called her "Miss" Ambrose. It was pretty cute.

On another side of the room, it look like the elvish guy is chatting up Alassea, talking in their language which I can't understand.

I stand at the edge of the room, watching everyone converse, as usual. I was never good with social occasions. I often eavesdrop in conversations, or stare at certain interesting people. I decided to listen to each of the conversations going on in the room and lie back on the wall near the door. However, my eyes focused slightly on Ambrose. She was sorta cute.
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:05 pm

Having his toy being taken away, Guang now saw the boy who had pointed the rifle at him in the room. Guang stepped over to Tuyen and noticed the way he dressed, and point his finger to it, "Hey you, you dress similarly to my homeland. I like that, and I like your attitude too."He laughed heartily, "It takes a lot of balls to stand up to me friend, I like that about you. Where are you from? You dress like those who are from Masalang, my homeland. You know... your friend was talking to my friend over there, and it sounds like we'll be fighting together tomorrow. How does testing your strength in battle sound friend? If you don't beleive me, go and talk to Ambrose yourself."
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by kst933 Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:19 pm

Alassea watched the interaction between Anthony and Ambrose with amusement. The woman did not seem so adamant after some flattering. It was, she had to admit, rather clever of him. Then came the half-orc's incident with little Alice. Unfortunately, Alassea was very nearly knocked down from Guang's blundering but she caught a glimpse of Anthony doing something rather odd before Alice's squirming and complaints drew her attention. The elf they called Mayark Poloom who stood fairly taller than her and was no doubt a high elf, but he addressed her courteously in the Elvish tongue and that was that. She responded in the same manner and played along with his compliments.

"I am Alassea of the Isle of Illumil. We may yet be able to aid each other in our venture on the morrow. Unless, of course, you are planning on something... else?"

She inched slightly closer to him but stayed wary.
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagerist Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:31 pm

After all the commotion had ended, and the room ended degrading into small talk, Lem finally enters the room. He seemed incredibly drowsy, and unable to actually function properly, and hugged the wall into the room to avoid an entrance that would cost him more energy. He eventually ended next to a bed, to where a girl was sitting on. He gently motioned the girl to move over a bit, and sat down onto the bed, and then eventually spread himself on the bed with his legs hanging off the edge. He was now half-asleep, only kept awake by the senseless chatter of the others.

Plagerist
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:00 pm

Guang walked up to me, commenting on me pointing my rifle at him. It doesn't seem like he's mad, in fact he's saying I got courage for doing something like that. It seems like the Guang guy isn't so bad after all.

"Hehe, thanks. You seem like a nice guy yourself. I'm from a place that's probably similar from where you are, Vietnam. You may have not heard of Vietnam though. And I believe you. I'll be looking forward to fighting together with you and your comrades tomorrow."

I quickly glanced over at where Ambrose an Anthony were for a quick second.

"Just wondering, have you and your comrades been in a team like this for a while, or have you recently formed one to go to Renin?"

ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:09 pm

Mayark's heart beat raced slightly quicker, for once in his life he actually seemed to be able to charm someone else. He rubbed the old, faded wood of the table, making sure that his hand neared Alassea's whenever possible. "Ah, well not entirely Alassea, although I must say that you are... quite the beautiful elven maiden. But irregardless, I would have nothing against aiding you, in fact it would be my pleasure. My bow will protect you without fail, I swear that to you. If I may ask though, what does a woman such as yourself want in a forsaken place like Renin? If I had to guess, I would say that you are one of the scholarly sects, no?" Even though often times there was bickering and even wars between various Elven races, Mayark seemed to be softened by Alassea's presence.

Seeing the small halfling sit on the bed, Claudette moved over to give him room. She could not help but smile warmly at the halfling. Whether it be his natural looks or size, she was a tad smitten if anything. Noticing he looked quite fatigued, her natural instincts as a healer arose and a generally caring person. She gently placed her soft, warm hand onto Lem's forehead and spoke softly as not to disturb him, "It seems that you don't have a fever, just fatigued and tired little one? Traveling can do that to one's self, hehe." Noticing how he lazily drapped his legs over the bedside, she shook her head," Tsk tsk, that can be very bad for your health and circulation little one. Here, let me see if I can help." Without thinking, she shifted Lem's body and placed his head on her lap while laying the rest of his body across the bed, "There, much better, right? Hmm..." she thought quietly yo herself as she stroked the halfling's head, "Please do tell me little one, what would be your name? I would think that these are your friends, does that mean that you will be with us at the fort tomorrow as well? Ah, how rude of me... I am Claudette, it is very nice to meet you!" she finished, hoping to get Lem's attention before he totally drifted off to sleep.

Guang stops cold for a second, his expression blank as a slate"V-vietnam you say...?" he says as if to himself gravely. He stays in this strange form for a few seconds before laughing greatly and giving Tuyen a large bear hug, "Ha-ha! A man of legends I see! We'll get a long just fine buddy, just fine! Vietnam's a land of legends in Masalang and the surrounding countries. They say that the jungles there harbor people like ours, but with incedible magic objects. I heard that they have these small boxes..." Guang motioned with his hand," that you can hear a man miles away speak out of, along with music, and other things too! As well as larger boxes that show pictures of men and women doing things in it even when they arn't there! And in the skies? Giant. Metal. Flying. Birds! I could only wish to fight one of those in hand to hand combat, I would become more of a legend than I am now, Ha-ha!" Guang continued to rave and babble to himself, getting lost in his own fantasies.

Seeing Tuyen now in the room with the rest of us I turned to Ambrose, "Another member of our group, how about you get his opinion on teaming up Squire Ambrose? Come on I'll introduce you to." I said, patting her back slightly to spur her onward.

Feeling yet another close and intimate touch, to her at least, Ambrose turned a shade of bright red, "O-o-of course S-s-sir Anthony! A-anything you say r-really!" she stuttered as she stepped forward and joined in with Guang and Tuyen.

I let go of Ambrose seeing how she was all worked up. She either wasn't used to interacting with others, or it was just me being around her that seemed to set her off, more than likely the latter as it seemed. Luckily I could use this to my advantage somehow, obviously in a non-harmful way of course. I clapped both Tuyen and Ambrose on the shoulders, "Tuyen this is Lady Ambrose, Lady Ambrose this is Tuyen. Play nice you two, I have some preparing to do for tomorrow, so have fun." With that, I walked towards the door and out into the hallway, leaving everyone to their interactions.

Ambrose figeted and threw her hands down in a slightly fit, "H-hey! I told you not to c-call me anything else than S-squire! H-h-haaaa... getting me worked up over-" realizing that she was in front of yet another stranger, her flush returned, "O-oh... h-hello Sir T-tuyen, I apologize for being so... inconsiderate, w-would you like to perhaps... ummm... talk for a bit?" she said, still not fully stable.

Alice sighed slightly and followed Anthony out the door, it seemed that she found no more of a need to be in that room as she prefered to keep to herself. Returning to her own party's room, she sat herself on the edge of a bed and swung her feet slightly, poking at her satchel. She spoke up to Anthony as he began going through his own things, "So... quite the other group in there as it seems, you and that paladin seemed to conversate quite well. Are you always like that around wom-" Alice caught herself on her own words," I-I mean people? You normally would seem to be more of a... quiet man, especially when you go through so much trouble to hide your face."
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:45 pm

Guang's sudden hug surprises me a bit. but He speaks of Vietnam like a mystical land, the kind I've heard about in story books. Wait a minute. If Guang says Vietnam is "a land of legends" near his home region, does that mean somehow my world has connected with this? He did talk about magical boxes and metal birds, which sound oddly familiar.

After a couple of seconds of thought, I realize what Guang is speaking of.

"Ah, small music boxes? That is called a radio in my land. It is used for people to listen to music or news. As a soldier, it is used to send messages to one another. The big box you talk of is a television. It entertains the people, but only the rich can afford such a luxury. And a giant metal bird?....."

I gave it some though, and then it finally came to me.

"Ah! You mean a jet. Ah, yes, I see those a lot. The enemies I fought back in my homeland, the Americans have hundreds of those. Every day, they shoot fire, burning down our jungles and hideouts. Believe it or not, I actually shot one down once. I took over a anti aircraft gun, 40mm Bofors to be exact. The jet was about to release it's fire, but I shot it down right before it got the chance, and it exploded in mid air. My comrades said it was the most amazing thing I did, and they asked my superiors to promote me."

Ok, I'm showing off quite a bit here, but I have to admit, that was pretty impressive what I did. That F4 scared the living shit out of me. I can almost hear the sounds of it flying in the air again.....

I fell into a slight daze, remembering my homeland, going from pleasant thoughts of going to Saigon and buying a couple loaves of Banh Mi, but then the thoughts turned into ones not so pleasant, such as seeing my comrades shot down at Hamburger Hill. My thoughts then move to my comrades. I wonder how they're doing back home. I wonder if they know I disappeared, or think I'm dead.

My daze was suddenly interrupted by Anthony and Ambrose. Ambrose was heavily blushing and tripping over her sentences. It was adorable to watch. I couldn't help but smile a little. Ambrose then asked me to talk with her for a bit.

"Uhh, sure Ambrose. As Anthony has aid, my name is Tuyen, Captain of a squad belonging to the 3rd Vietcong division. Judging from your looks, you're a military woman?"
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next