Gensokyo
Please login or register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gensokyo
Please login or register!
Gensokyo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High School of The Dead review.

2 posters

Go down

High School of The Dead review. Empty High School of The Dead review.

Post by ICEheaven102 Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:59 pm

High School of The Dead review. High-school-of-the-dead

Girls, guns, gore, zombies, and tactical nukes; What more can a guy ask for? High school of the Dead is a very excellent ecchi horror anime, with plenty of action, fan service, some comedy on the side, and a beautiful plot. It was so good, that I finished the entire anime in one day. Nearly every episode kept me at the edge of my seat, making me wonder "What's going to happen next?!".

High School of The Dead is set in present day, where a crazy pandemic strikes the world, turning people into zombies. No one knows the cause of it, or why it happened. Society collapses, and cities around the globe are set on fire. The story follows 5 high school students; Takashi Komuro, a high school sophomore; Rei Miyamoto, Takashi's classmate and friend; Saeko Busujima, a katana wielding senior; Kohta Hirano, a gun loving Otaku; and Saya Takagi, a Tsundre "smart" girl, along with their big breasted school nurse, Shizuka Marikawa. Together, the 6 fight for their lives through swarms of undead, striving to find a safe place from the creatures.

The character development is pretty good. Out of all the ecchi animes I have watched, High School of the Dead actually has very interesting male leads. Takashi is a excellent example of a leader you would see in a zombie apocalypse. He risks his life for all the others in his group, and is a very reliable person. Kohta, the fat gun loving Otaku, has instantly became my favourite male character in the anime. He is extremely hilarious, witty, and chock full of awesome epicness. Once he gets his hands one a gun, he makes the undead want to stay dead.

The females however, have a couple of holes in their development. Rei can be a bit naggy at times, Saya is the same as Rei, but always claims she's a "genius", and Shizuka is there simply for fan service (Due to her oversized breasts). Saeko is different from the other 3 females, making her my favourite female character in this anime. She is very cool minded in a bad situation, and shows great leadership and strength. In many of the fight scenes of this anime, her swords skills were the highlight, and always made me go "WOW". Though 2/4 of the girls can be naggy at times, and 1 is just a fan service machine, they still all kick some serious butt. (Ok, maybe not Shikzuka, even a little girl killed a zombie, and she couldn't)

The soundtracks of the anime are simply beautiful. The anime's opening in my opinion, has surpassed K-ON!'s openings, and that anime has a very excellent soundtracks. The endings for each episode is different, creating a great variety of songs for the music lovers. Also, for all you pervy fan service lovers out there, this anime is chock full of it. Breast jiggles galore.

Though this anime has many, many great points, it has a couple downers. One is the overloaded fan service. All the females a a E cup or larger. Sure, it's nice to have a breast jiggle or a panty shot once in a while, and it cool to have a whole episode dedicated to fan service too. I like don't hate fan service, I like it, but panty shot every two minutes of the anime? It is really unfitting while watching zombies get their heads blown up. Another bad point is the love triangle, err... Square. All the female characters, even Saya want Takashi. Saya is seen more with Kohta, and Kohta risks his life to protect her. I see Takashi and Rei as a better pairing (Since they've know each other since childhood), but Saeko and Takashi is nice. The only thing I hope for is for Saya and Kohta to be together. I mean, Kohta saved her life numerous times and he's pure awesome sauce. C'mon, give the man some love.

Overall, the anime is very excellent. The action and plot will keep you at the edge of your seat, and the fan service (For the most part) will keep you entertained, and some light comedy on the side releases some of the tension very nicely. There are rumours that there will be a 2nd season (And I hope there will. The manga is still ongoing). The only things I hope for is a reduction of the fan service and some love for that awesome gun-taku, Kohta. High School of The Dead deserves a head popping 9/10.
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

https://gensokyo.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

High School of The Dead review. Empty Re: High School of The Dead review.

Post by Missy Fits Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:36 pm

Submit to myanimelist.com!
Missy Fits
Missy Fits

Back to top Go down