Gensokyo
Please login or register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gensokyo
Please login or register!
Gensokyo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant time!

2 posters

Go down

Rant time! Empty Rant time!

Post by kst933 Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:52 pm

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- I should probably specify what happened. FIRST OF ALL, yay, the KZ3 demo came out! It has co-op! Yeah, so I was playing it with my dad, split screen, kicking some Helghast arse. Then everything disconnected. After randomly restarting the PS3 and all that crap, not knowing what was going on, I was quite hoping it wasn't what I think it was. Unfortunately, IT WAS.

Holy McShizzle, I have Yellow Light of freaking Death. I'm underreacting actually, this is just my internet response and putting my thoughts out there. Like, physically, I'm not really showing much emotion as usual...
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Rant time! Empty Re: Rant time!

Post by NewWaveGuy Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:30 am

Rant time! 641864

At the beginning of "the process of dying" I could still restart my PS3 for a few minutes, making me able to take some back-ups. After three times or so it just gave up.

You can most likely fix it though (or let it fix by someone who knows what he's doing, and you trust, if you don't have the knowledge, like me). My brother managed to fix mine (using a paint-dryer and adding some new thermal paste).
If that works you're pretty happy you didn't spend $300 on a new console (while perhaps also losing all your data) or spend $150 to let it fix (and wait for eternity).
I assume it's not under warranty anymore?

edit: I forgot you can remove the HDD, so you won't lose your data that way. However I had some problems with a (not standard) HDD, it worked fine for my old PS3 but my new PS3 didn't want to accept it (security reasons I guess (hacking, etc.)). I had to reformat it (making me lose everything, which was basically the point of changing the HDD Mad).

NewWaveGuy
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by kst933 Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Oh, my PS3 is fixed now but thanks anyway Smile
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down