Gensokyo
Please login or register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gensokyo
Please login or register!
Gensokyo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What I noticed today

5 posters

Go down

What I noticed today Empty What I noticed today

Post by Artyom Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:21 pm

Ok, to start off, this kind of a rant thread, but not against anyone we know and it will not be an extreme one either, but thats not important. Also, if you do end up reading through all of this, thanks for putting up with my long and confusing thoughts Razz

So, this is what happened. I went to an Americanized Japanese Steakhouse for dinner earlier this evening. Since it was americanized, it was runned and owned by an American employer. The only poeple there that were actually japanese, was the hostess and the chef. I listened as many other people who were there, gave no thought and openly mocked the culture. Now I'm not defending them for just being japanese, it was just rude of the customers to do so. Now, why I'm bringing this up, is because on the way out, I told both the hostess and the chef "Thank you very much" in Japanese, and I saw a look of genuine happiness and gratitude on their faces. It reminded me of how much more there is out there besides what I know.

Now onto part two. Looking back to tonight, I don't think or feel I fit where I am right now. I'm not bad mouthing America, or saying that it isn't a great place, I just think that where I live isn't right for me. Now here comes the question "Where would you go then you noob?" Good question indeed, you guys could laugh at me, call me an idiot or w/e, but I'd seriously consider Japan. And no, I'm not just saying that because of the anime, girls, or w/e. I've had family that have lived there for a number of years, and even my best friend has been there himself. When I've asked them in the past, they've all said that it was an enjoyable and beatiful place. That is also regarding several cities, not just Tokyo. I know that it wouldn't be exactly what I expect, but I think it wouldn't hurt to try.

Anyway, thats the end of my semi-rant/inner thoughts atm. Feel free to comment and joke as you like, but if you're going to joke about it at least make it a good one Razz
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

What I noticed today Empty Re: What I noticed today

Post by kst933 Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:35 pm

I think you did what was right. They needed to know someone actually appreciated them and what they did.
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:08 am

You did a very good thing. You respected a person's culture and ethnicity.

The thing about America is, that it's a melting pot society. The country try to melt down everyone who lives in it to become one thing.

Canada however, is a mosaic society. We have a whole mix of cultures and religions, and we respect them all.
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

https://gensokyo.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:39 pm

Thanks, it felt good to do. I can't do anything about the people who I intereact with right now, but there is always hope for a better future.
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Fits Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:22 pm

Americans are inconsiderate fucktards, enough said.

Did you know that in Japan, they don't accept any forms of tips?
Missy Fits
Missy Fits

Back to top Go down

Post by Garviel Loken Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:22 pm

You should've kicked them in the cunt.

That would've sorted it.

Garviel Loken

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content