Gensokyo
Please login or register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gensokyo
Please login or register!
Gensokyo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DnD:WoE;Dungeon: Exxpedition ot Renin

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

DnD:WoE;Dungeon: Exxpedition ot Renin Empty DnD:WoE;Dungeon: Exxpedition ot Renin

Post by Artyom Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:59 pm

#Current time: 8:00 AM. Weather: Sun Rising, slight fog. Negative effects: None#

Background Music

The combined party of 10 arrived at the entrance of Renin within a few hours with no problems along the way. Renin is unimpressive at best being in the decrepit state that it is in. Arriving about 100 feet away from the entrance, the party cannot see any obvious sign of life, but the vegatation seems to be growing quite well, possibly even better than inside the village.

Seeing that time is no problem, Varstead speaks up for the first time, "Ahem... seeing that we will not know what is ahead of us from here on out, I believe that we should take time to prepare. Does anyone have any qualms or problems that they need to be known or taken care of? As well as that being said, did anyone from either party have a plan formulated ahead of time?"

Guang swung his Nunchucks around in a boisterous manner,"Of course old man, we crush and kill anything inside. Isn't there only supposed to be bandits inside?" Having sleep off the alcohol form last night, Guang seemed a bit more aticulate, but just as gung-ho.

Varstead cracked a tin smile, "Although I hate to admit it, I believe that I agree with you fro once Guang. I believe that we shall go with that plan, unless anyone has any objections."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Renin:
Spoiler:

Setup (If too large open in new tab):

Spoiler:

*Please roll for Initiative and name your starting place. Does not rely on initative, must be in lighted space, must be outside of the opening gate.*

Ignar Varstead: 18
Ambarose Antoinette: 1
Claudette Homal: 2
Mayark Poloom: 4
Guang Ying: 16
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

DnD:WoE;Dungeon: Exxpedition ot Renin Empty Re: DnD:WoE;Dungeon: Exxpedition ot Renin

Post by Plagerist Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:10 pm

"A dead castle, perhaps a stash from the previous owners is hidden. I'll go ahead & scout it out, if that is fine by the party? I work better alone, with you blokes to distract any danger."

Initiative Roll: 16
Starting Point: Right underneath the gate, one of the three spaces, matters not which one.

Plagerist
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

DnD:WoE;Dungeon: Exxpedition ot Renin Empty Re: DnD:WoE;Dungeon: Exxpedition ot Renin

Post by kst933 Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:33 pm

"Bandits are always tricky. We should be careful of traps and the like. The darkness will not pervade us."

Initiative Roll: 10
Starting Point: Right of Mayark
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:16 pm

Right before me lies a grand ruined castle. Looks a lot like the ones in mother's textbooks. Pretty darn impressive looking if you ask me.

"I'm ready for this. A few bandits can't be too much trouble. You good, Yankee?"

I open the bolt of my Mosin and load in 5 bullets, then put the bolt back. I then attach my bayonet on the bottom of my rifle. It's go time.

Initiative roll: 16
Starting point: Behind Varstead's party
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

https://gensokyo.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:59 pm

I look at the supposed Fortress Renin and shrug," I-is.... Is that it? I'm actually kinda disappointed... looks kind of like the Alamo back in Texas but still... Heh... you're right though Charlie, at least we get to shoot at some bad guys. You ready to... zap... stuff with your magic Alice?" I finished as I took out my knife.

Initiative:6
Start: Behind Mayark, left of Tuyen

Alice shook her hand and put her hand to her face," I do not "zap stuff" with my magic as you claim. It is a highly complex art just so you know..." she commented with a bit of snarkyness

Initiative:6
Start: Left of Anthony

Updated map:

Spoiler:

Order of movement:

Allies:
Ignar
Guang Ying
Lem
Tuyen
Alassea
Alice
Anthony
Mayark
Claudette
Mayark

Enemies/Others:
Dorian Vector
Unkown Figure
The Dagon
Hina Mage Fire
Lorain Gathmouth
Larua Tary'l
Vern Holnin
Gork
Mork
Van Opel
Mukenbee Mackar
Bleek Narn
Nathaniel Parch
Bobert Ham
Katarina Vasil
Nana Roy
Hubart Manal
Val Helmer
Balnor Manked

Ally Stats:
Ingar Varstead
Class:MAster Swordsman
Alignment: Good Neutral
Level:4
HP:24
AC:18 (T:14 FF:10)
Attack Bonus:4
Initiative:1
Move: 35 ft
Saves:F:1 R:4 W:1
Feats:
Armor Expert (All armor counts as light armor)
Spells:None

Ambarose "the Galiant" Antoinette
Class:Squire
Alignment: Lawful Good
Level:3
HP:14
AC:15 (T:12 FF:10)
Attack Bonus:2
Initiative:0
Move:30
Saves:F:3 R:0 W:0
Feats:
Aura of Good (Detect good)
Smite Evil 1 per day(3+DAM on Evil)
Detect Evil
Lay on Hands 1 per day (4 Dam against evil or 4 healing)

Mayark Poloom
Class:Ranger
Alignment: Neutral Good
Level:2
HP: 12
AC:16 (T:14 FF:10)
Attack Bonus:2
Initiative:1
Move:35
Saves:F:3 R:3 W:0
Feats:Favored enemy (+2 DAM against humans)

Claudette Homal
Class: Healer
Alignment: Lawfull Good
Level:2
HP:8
AC:12 (T10 FF:10)
Attack Bonus:1
Initiative:-1
Move:25
Saves: F:3 R:0 W:3
Feats:Lay on Hands (+4 HP)
Spells:
1x Cure Moderate Wounds (2d8 +2 HP)
2x Cure light Wounds (1d8 +2 HP)
x6 Cure Minor Wounds (+1 HP)

Guang Ying
Class:Furious Berserker
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Level:1
HP:12
AC: 16 (T:14 FF:10)
Attack Bonus:1
Initiative:0
Move:30
Saves:F:2 R:0 W:0
Feats:
Fury (1/10 x Dam is added to Fury guage whether hit or miss. Each complete Fury is +1 Dam)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingar Varstead moves forward confidently, but on edge to the entrance gate but does not go through it. His vision appears to be obscured by makeshift barricades in the front courtyard. It is now clear that there i human presence, "Be on the look out everyone," he calls back,"It appears that we are not alone."

Guang moves forward briskly entering the gate as Igar warns the others. Guang laughs,"You tell us to be careful yet you yell loudly old man, ha! Nothing can stop us, we must go on the offensive." From where Guang now stands, he can see over the barricades and sees a cloaked man with a bow at his side.

The cloaked man yells out to Guang, not readying an arrow but on edge,"Halt! Who goes there? What is your business here outsider? Speak quickly!"

New Map:

Spoiler:
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagerist Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:20 pm

Lem notices the half-orc gather the attention of the gaurd & chuckles to himself. "Ah well, poor blokes gonna get it, while I sneak around. Fair deal."
Lem begins to hug the wall and proceed along it.

2 spaces up, 7 spaces left

Hide Check
Roll(1d20)+9:
13,+9
Total:22

Plagerist
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:26 pm

*Lem earns 5 XP for sneaking succesfully*

Updated map:

Spoiler:
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:35 pm

I begin to move up behind Guang to support him if he needs it.

I move 1 space right, 6 spaces up.
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:38 pm

Map:
Spoiler:
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by kst933 Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Alassea made sure she was not in clear shot of the cloaked man.

She moves 5 spaces up.
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:42 pm

Alice moves slightly behind the group at the gate so that she can stay safe. She laughs quietly to herself now that she saw the whole party together, it seemed like a mad rush of people to get inside. Whoever they would in encounter would have no chance.

I move up to Ingar with my knife out, ready to charge in. I would really much rather use my handgun, but I can't afford to use any bullets, especially if I'll need them later.

Mayark moved up next to Alassea and smiled,"Looks like it will be a long day dear Alassea, I hope you are ready to test your skills to the fullest." He was not nervous, being in such a large group was actually quite invigorating. If anything, the real challenge would be deciding who would get to finish off which foes.

Claudette advanced quietly and stood behind Tuyen. She called out to the others,"If anyone is hurt, come to me an I will try to heal you as best I can, understand?" She had been more of a village potion maker than anything else. This was her first battle and she would certainly be nervous.

Ambarose held her shield in a ready position and moved forward in front of Anthony. Having full composure compared to last night, she turned around and addressed everyone,"Here we go everybody, stay safe and fight well! We will liberate this fort soon enough!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeing the large group of armed people enter the gate, Hubart Manal's eyes widdened in realization. He took a deep breath an yelled, "It's a raid! It's a raid! Balnor! Get your thieving ass inside and warn the boss, and be quick about it dammit!" With that being said, he shot an arrow randomly at the group and retreated backwards.

*Hubart shoots an arrow at Ambarose with an Attack of 4 and misses*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ambarose held on to her shield tightly as she felt the arrow ping off of it with a thud,"It has started, everyone attack!" she yelled in response, disregarding any previous element of surprise that they had.

Hearing Hubart yell, Val Helmer emerged from the trees on the right and moved toward Guang with his sword drawn,"Got you know you bastard! Thought that you could threaten us? Think again!"

Seeing a mass of people at the front gate and Hubart's call for help, Balnor wasted no time and departed to inform the boss of the attack.

The rest of the inhabitants move unbeknownst to the party.

Ignar gritted his teeth in frustration and moved forward steadily, cursing to himself under his breath. Unluckily, the barriar ahead of him would take too long for him to climb over, forcing him to move around it in order to get to Hubart.

Guang smiled immensly,"Oh? Think again? Bad news for you then... I DON'T THINK AT ALL MOTHER FUCKER! NOW GET OVER HERE!" he screamed, as he charged at Val, swinging his nunchucks wildly.

*Guang attacks Val with a 12, hitting him as Val is not yet prepared for battle. Guang deals 8 damage and gains .2 fury*

Guang swung his nunchucks with all his might, hearing a loud distinctive crack as they pummeled Val's exposed chest with enough force to crack ribs and harm organs.

Map:
Spoiler:

Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagerist Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:50 pm

Lem continues his stealthy approach.

Moves 2 spaces left & 7 spaces up

Hide Check: 23

Plagerist
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:54 pm

*Lem earned 5 XP and remained hidden*

Map:
Spoiler:
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:10 pm

The assault begins. I feel the rush of combat surge through my body.

"Onwards comrades! to victory!"

I rush forward toward the barricade and take cover.

Tuyen moves 6 spaces up.
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:31 pm

Map:
Spoiler:
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by kst933 Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:39 pm

Alassea heaved a sigh, wondering why they had chosen to go with such a disorderly plan if it could be called a plan at all. Well, it could always be worse.

She moves 6 spaces forward and takes cover by the barricade.
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:34 am

Alice moves up towards the front lines, being wary to stay out of the range of the bandits.

I run up beside Ingar, ready to overtake the barricades and charge in after the man with the bow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mayark moved up the the barricade and readied an arrow,"Shoot at us will you? Well you shall receive due justice in that case!"

*Mayark attacks Hubart and misses*

A distinctive clank can be heard as Mayark's arrow wizzes past Hubart's head and hits the castle wall not too far behind him. Myark curses to himself,"Dammit I was off a bit."

Again, Claudette advances slowly, standing behind the others by the barricade to shield herself. Everyone seemed to be in good health, so no one needed healing as of yet.

Ambarose moved up and behind Anthony, so that she could charge froward. At least that would be true if there were ot so many people blocking the way.

Hubart knocked another arrow and sent it flying towards Ambarose yet again, running backwards as he finished,"Damn, there are too many of them. Get back inside Val, now!"

*Hubart attacked Ambarose and failed to hit*

Val swung his sword at Guang, narrowly missing the top of his head. As he gasped for breath he ran towards the fort, "D-damn... this is bad... go dammit!"

*Val attacks Guang and misses*

The others in the fort move unbeknownst to the party
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guang ran forward after the escaping Val, "Hey! Get back over here! I just wanted to play with ya! Come on, don't be scared! Hahaha!" Guang was clearly enjoying himself, in his own maniacal way.

Ingar bounded over the barricades quickly and made progress towards the entrance, "Be careful Guang, we don't know how many are inside! don't rush ahead!" Ingar could see that the archer was able to get inside, much to his dismay.

*Note: certain terrains can be moved over but at additional movement costs. For example the barricades cost 2 movement squares*

Map:

Spoiler:
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagerist Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:45 am

Lem has finally reached the castle walls.

Move: 7 spaces up, 1 space right

He takes out his grappling hook and proceeds to hook it onto the wall, to prepare for the climb.

Hide check: 12+9 = 21
Climb Check: 20 + 2 + 2(grappling hook modifier) = 24 (Nat twenty?)

Move: 1 space left onto wall

Plagerist
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:53 am

*Lem earns 25 XP for hiding and climbing*

Map:

Spoiler:
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:06 am

I looks like the enemies are retreating. I must pursue them.

"Everyone! Pursue them!"

Tuyen moves 2 spaces right, 3 spaces up.

ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:11 am

Map:

Spoiler:
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by kst933 Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:12 am

Alassea rushes forward after Tuyen.

She moves 3 spaces right, 2 spaces forward.
kst933
kst933

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:50 am

Seeing that she is lagging behind, Alice runs forward to make up lost space with the others, yet still staying out of danger.

*Alice decides to run this round, moving at x2 her normal speed*

I can see from where I'm standing that the sentry from before ran inside for reinforcements. It'd probably be better not to let this other guy get through. "Yo guys, don't let this last guy get through the gate, try to stop him! It'll be one less to deal with later."

*Anthony runs, moving at x2 normal speed and is blocking the entrance to Renin, allowing only allies to move through*
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mayark moves up past the barricade and attacks the fleeing Val,"I've got you know you little bastard..."

*Mayark attacks Val from a far, but misses*

Mayark's arrow flies through the air and hits Val, but does not peirce through his armor.

Claudette moves up, standing on Alassea's side where it is safe.

Ambarose being in the back of the group panicks and pushes forward, not wanting to be left behind.

*Ambarose runs forward, movesing at 2x her speed*
Val moves forward towards Anthony in hopes of pushing through him and getting inside to safety, "Get out of my way! Move I tell you, move!"

*Val Moves forward towards Anthony and makes a Bull Rush to push him aside. But he first provokes an Area of attack from Ambarose. Ambarose rolls to attack but misses as Val doges her sword. Val then makes a strength check against Anthony. Val rolled 10 against Anthony's 15, making it unable to push Anthony out of the way*

Struggling against Anthony, Val tries to push him away from the entrance to get through.

The others inside the fortress move unbeknownst to the party

Ingar moves forward behind Val and attacks, intending to take the man's life.

*Ingar attacks Val, and gets a bonus to Attack for flanking Val and having allies flank Val's sides. Ingar makes contact easily with Val dealing 11 damage. Incapacitating him.*

Ingar's black sword swung through the air and piercing Val's back, sending his blood flying to the ground and onto his armor. Retracting his sword, it was clear that Val was badly injured as he laid on the ground, gasping loudly.

Val kneeled on the ground, his breath coming in quick gasps, "N-no... no more... I beg of you... I yield..." he pleaded as his blood dripped down from his torso.

Guang moved to Val's otherside and raised his nunchucks, ready to end Val's life if need be.

*Guang rolls for intimidation and barely passes, subduing Val*

"So help me, I will end your life in an instant you insect. Now throw your sword down or I'll kill you right here!"
Val threw his sword down and raised up his hands, coughing, "A-alright, alright! I'll do whatever you want! Just don't kill me!"

Map:

Spoiler:
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Plagerist Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:56 am

After retracting & stashing his grappling hook, Lem goes down the stairs & into the castle, but still being wary of his surroundings.

Hide check - 6+9 = 15

Plagerist
FNG (Noob)

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:02 am

*Lem earns 5 XP for being succesfuly cloaked*

Lem enters the fortress from the 2nd floor, being wary of his surroundings. From here he stands he cannot see anyone moving about the fort, but the floor stones appear to be well worn. He can hear movement about the fort as well, but he is not sure where it is coming from.

Map:

Spoiler:
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next