Gensokyo
Please login or register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gensokyo
Please login or register!
Gensokyo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Act of Valor - 24 Feb 2012

3 posters

Go down

Act of Valor - 24 Feb 2012 Empty Act of Valor - 24 Feb 2012

Post by Missy Fits Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:05 am

Before I begin what I talk about the movie I would like to say that Mike McCoy and Scott Waugh had done a wonderful job on the film. The film accurately depicts what happens in the daily lives of US. Navy Seals and shows them through various missions. But your probably wondering why I am writing this even though it never came out yet?

I won't go into much details about my Father but he served two tours in Iraq, one from 2003-2004 and one from 2004-2005. As of last week, me and my family received advanced tickets to go see the movie since my Father was a Veteran. My family went to see it and I watched it thanks to some Veterans who petitioned to get me a copy via/ online due to my living situation.

Please keep in mind that I won't spoil any parts of the movies for you but it is a fantastic watch. I think more so for me since it clicks with me personally. Seeing what these men do reminds me of my Father who served when I was a child. I'm still thinking about it after a week of watching it and I just keep envisioning it my head.

So if you have some change and time on Friday go see it. I just had to write about it to let you guys know.

"This We'll Defend"
Missy Fits
Missy Fits

Back to top Go down

Act of Valor - 24 Feb 2012 Empty Re: Act of Valor - 24 Feb 2012

Post by ICEheaven102 Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:44 am

Ahh, military movies. I love them, whether they're historical fiction, action, or documentaries.

From what you told me, it sound great, and I want to watch it sometime.

Unfortunately, I only got my job back recently, and I get paid bi-weekly, so no income yet so I can't watch the movie on release. I will try to watch sometime in the future though. If only didn't spend my money on so much food Act of Valor - 24 Feb 2012 641864 But, you know what they say, you won't appreciate something until you lose it.
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

https://gensokyo.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Artyom Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:23 am

That was a very heartfelt message, your father must be a great man for risking his life for our country like that. I get the same sort of feelings whenever I watch World War 2 movies since my gandfather had served back then. He had died when my mother was about 10-ish, so I never got to hear any of his stories and even know I don't know too much about him, but my mother told me how he always used to say how he'd hear the bullets wizz past him and it was almost like god was protecting him with a shield. I hope that god can do the same for your father and your family.

Anyway, when I first saw the trailer a few monthes ago I really wanted to see this, but with your imput I wan to see it even more now. I'll definatly see it within the next week or so (Reduced movie tickets here every tuesday).

Thanks for the recommendation and I hope that it does justice for all of the veterans out there.
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down