Gensokyo
Please login or register!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gensokyo
Please login or register!
Gensokyo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I like the new forum header!

4 posters

Go down

So I like the new forum header! Empty So I like the new forum header!

Post by Missy Fits Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:13 pm

Whoever did it, you did a very good job. (:

Missy Fits
Missy Fits

Back to top Go down

So I like the new forum header! Empty Re: So I like the new forum header!

Post by Artyom Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:48 am

Missy Fits wrote:Whoever did it, you did a very good job. (:

I could say that I did it... but I think that'd be a lie... Razz
Artyom
Artyom
Fuhrer
Fuhrer

Back to top Go down

Post by DanDPanda Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:49 am

I did it. Not Pho. Troll face
DanDPanda
DanDPanda
FNG (Noob)

Character sheet
Name:

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:16 am

I noticed you changed your avy and sig too. Fairy Tail eh? I heard it was good, but don't want to watch, too many episodes Razz

ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

https://gensokyo.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Fits Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:18 am

ICEheaven102 wrote:

I noticed you changed your avy and sig too. Fairy Tail eh? I heard it was good, but don't want to watch, too many episodes Razz

The manga is a lot better, no fillers. Its just like Naruto and One Piece for me, gets you into the story since the character arcs are really deep. Fairy Tail is my personal favorite out of all three since the story is so good.

So I say its a good investment of time, read it because I promise you that you'll not regret it.
Missy Fits
Missy Fits

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:21 am

Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:

The manga is a lot better, no fillers. Its just like Naruto and One Piece for me, gets you into the story since the character arcs are really deep.

So I say its a good investment of time, read it because I promise you that you'll not regret it.

I should start reading manga more. I have Manga at my house, only 2 Inuyasha volumes and a crud load of Doremon, but all in Vietnamese (Which I'm still learning) lol.
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Fits Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:38 pm

ICEheaven102 wrote:
Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:

The manga is a lot better, no fillers. Its just like Naruto and One Piece for me, gets you into the story since the character arcs are really deep.

I should start reading manga more. I have Manga at my house, only 2 Inuyasha volumes and a crud load of Doremon, but all in Vietnamese (Which I'm still learning) lol.

Thats pretty good! I own a bunch of manga books in English at home like Bunny Drop and Claymore but here I own a couple volumes of One Piece in Japanese. Its pretty darn cool to read one of your favorite things in another language. Helps you learn the language and writing system in an entertaining way.
Missy Fits
Missy Fits

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:55 pm

Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:
Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:

Thats pretty good! I own a bunch of manga books in English at home like Bunny Drop and Claymore but here I own a couple volumes of One Piece in Japanese. Its pretty darn cool to read one of your favorite things in another language. Helps you learn the language and writing system in an entertaining way.

Yeah it is a good learning strategy, but my mom makes me read Vietnamese poems and legends when we learn lol. Fine with that though.
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Fits Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:48 pm

ICEheaven102 wrote:
Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:
Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:

Yeah it is a good learning strategy, but my mom makes me read Vietnamese poems and legends when we learn lol. Fine with that though.

When I learned Vietnamese my friend did the same thing, but I just love poems and myths! Still a novice in reading and speaking the language though, I understand it more than I speak it. I'm taking supplementary classes for Chinese and Korean, Chinese is a lot easier to understand since some of the characters are the same.
Missy Fits
Missy Fits

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:23 pm

Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:
Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:
Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:

When I learned Vietnamese my friend did the same thing, but I just love poems and myths! Still a novice in reading and speaking the language though, I understand it more than I speak it. I'm taking supplementary classes for Chinese and Korean, Chinese is a lot easier to understand since some of the characters are the same.

Vietnamese poems, myths and sayings are pretty interesting. My mom also taught me some of my country's history too.

My mom taught me this saying: "Thuoc dang da tat, loi that mat long" (My Vietnamese character program is glitchy atm lol). It has 2 meanings: The straightforward meaning: Medicine is bitter, lies hurt. The meaning behind it: The truth hurts, but if you lie, it will hurt even more later on.
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Fits Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:02 pm

ICEheaven102 wrote:
Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:
Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:
Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:

Vietnamese poems, myths and sayings are pretty interesting. My mom also taught me some of my country's history too.

My mom taught me this saying: "Thuoc dang da tat, loi that mat long" (My Vietnamese character program is glitchy atm lol). It has 2 meanings: The straightforward meaning: Medicine is bitter, lies hurt. The meaning behind it: The truth hurts, but if you lie, it will hurt even more later on.

Do you use VPSkeys?
Missy Fits
Missy Fits

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:26 pm

Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:
Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:
Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:
Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:

Do you use VPSkeys?

Yes, I do. Why you ask?
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by Missy Fits Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:32 pm

ICEheaven102 wrote:
Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:
Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:
Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:
Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:

Do you use VPSkeys?

Yes, I do. Why you ask?

I thought so, I have it installed on my computer and VPSkeys is pretty popular.

"Tôi có chương trình đó cho tôi nói ngôn ngữ việt."

Rephrased in my own words that : I have a program that allows me to speak vietnamese. Still learning, I got a bunch of Vietnamese books stacked on my desk.
Missy Fits
Missy Fits

Back to top Go down

Post by ICEheaven102 Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:20 pm

Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:
Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:
Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:
Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:
Missy Fits wrote:
ICEheaven102 wrote:

Do you use VPSkeys?

Yes, I do. Why you ask?

I thought so, I have it installed on my computer and VPSkeys is pretty popular.

"Tôi có chương trình đó cho tôi nói ngôn ngữ việt."

Rephrased in my own words that : I have a program that allows me to speak vietnamese. Still learning, I got a bunch of Vietnamese books stacked on my desk.

I got lots of learning myself. I can speak Viet more fluently and read and write Viet better than a majority of Vietnamese kids in my school, but still a level below the kids in Vietnam
ICEheaven102
ICEheaven102
Commissar
Commissar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down